Eiki scope help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eiki scope help needed

Hi all - looking for a way to use my Eiki scope lens with my Eiki NT-O projector... I ordered one that has to be mounted from the inside (too tricky). so I am moving on to a pedestal one or a ring that will allow the scope lens to be directly mounted to the regular projector lens. Any help on where too find either of the would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Brian

Brian
    This free standing unit should do the trick.
    Generic Lens holder for Scope / Anamorphic lenses 32 -75 mm (PP-0146) – Van Eck Video Services (van-eck.net)

Comment

No, adding the scope attachment to your NT is fairly easy indeed.

You only need to remove the transformer to access the screw holes in order to have the attachment installed - 15 minutes (at most) & a screwdriver will get the job done. Here's how.

Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	64712
      Open the rear cover - no tools needed.

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	64713
      Undo these 2 connectors. No tools needed - just some leverage to release the connector's catch, and some brute force.

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	64714
      Then undo these 3 screws. Although not mandatory but it's recommended to have the upper left screw removed last, and go back in first.
      (And just don't drop the transformer onto the amplifier's capacitor right below it!)

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	64715
      All screws removed. That hook-shaped thing is used to keep the wires in place. It should go in with the upper right screw.

Name:	05.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	64716
      Now have your scope attachment pre-aligned. There should be 2 screw holes on its shaft that should line up with 2 holes on the body casting.

Name:	06.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	64717
      Then have the screw attached & tightened all the way in, and that's it!

Reassembly is just the reversal of all above steps. Once you know the ins & outs of it the total job could be done in some 5 minutes, or even less.
      And it might even be easier to have the projector lay on its side when reinstalling the transformer, as you don't have to hold it in one hand with other hand trying to reattach those 3 screws back in.

This is the main reason that I love Eiki, due to its simplicity & modular design. You'll rarely need anything more than a set of standard screwdrivers to do any service to this.

Comment

Wow thanks so much for those photos - it does look pretty easy. I gave up because I couldn't get the back of the projector cover off! All the screws are sooooo tight I couldn't get it loose. Anyway, you could take a couple more photos of the screws I have to loosen to make the cover come off (Yes, I need that much help!)

Comment

The only screw that needed to be removed in order to open the rear cover, would be this tamper-proof screw.
          (Un)fortunately this screw in my machine had been long gone, so I don't have to worry about it.

Name:	20220816_124357.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	64739

To this day and age it should be perfectly OK to discard this screw by any means - including shear it off if absolutely necessary. Having full access to the rear cover should have higher priority than having this tamper-proof measure.

Comment

Thanks so much for the photos - it helped soooooo much. And, yes, it was a success! Only problem I'm having is the lens sags a little bit so I have to figure out a way to tighten it in a way the lens is propped up a little higher... small problem but overall its great!

Comment

Perhaps the screws are too long for them to tighten the bracket.
              If so, you may have to remove the screws and insert suitable spacing washers under their heads before replacing the screws.
              I suggest using split washers as shown in the pics above.
              Last edited by Maurice Leakey; August 21, 2022, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X