Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with the sound on my projector

Hey all

ok so I’m a little new to the 16mm world and hoping someone can help me with a few points on my projector. I am having two issues and wanted to check if someone could help. I have an Elmo 16CL optical projector.

1. executor lamp - When I turn the projector on the projection lamp and everything works great but when I click the sound on the executor lamp doesn’t turn on right away. In fact I can wait a while and I’ve turned the sound knob on and off. After a while the executor lamp does turn on. Is this normal or is something up? I bought a new bulb and it works but I’m not sure if it’s due to it having to warm up or if it’s due to something else eventually working. Any insight here would be highly appreciated.

2. Once working I’ve noticed on a couple of prints I have the sound sounds messed up. I first thought it was the print but it seems if I help push the film where the sound is optically read up the sound dramatically improves, I did this with a chopstick and a soft rag but obviously I can’t stay holding that. Is there a way to tighten this or make this better?

any help with these two items are much appreciated.

best

scott

I have an Elmo 16-CL and had problems with the exciter lamp. It needed a new rectifier and a capacitor in the exciter lamp circuit.
    Poor sound may be due to rubber deposits coming the rubber rollers.

Comment

Ah ok. I have replaced all the rollers but maybe I’ll try and give it a good clean where the sound gets read.

many ideas which capacitor is needed and where can I get a rectifier?

thanks Maurice.

Comment

Maurice Leakey Actually I just saw a little video on the parts you mention so I think I know what to order. I’ll give that a whirl.

one thing - I have a copy of Alice in wonderland and when the excitor lamp does turn on the sound is very muffled and breaks up. I try other films and it’s totally fine. I just got the Alice in wonderland print but from a very reputable place so is it possible I could get poor sound from a print but not another or is it that the print is bad? Image looks good.

Comment

Ahhh actually I just had delivery of a trv and tried it through there and the sounds perfect so it turns out some films sound ok on my projector whilst others do not. Clearly need to fix the audio unit.

Comment

Working...
          X