Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service manual for Elmo 16CL optical or help with buzz track adjustment

Hi all again

ok looks like I need to adjust the play head on my projector to get it properly aligned. I hear this is in the service manual. I also heard it’s callled a buzz track but not sure.

best

scott

The 16CL service manual is right on this site. Click on warehouse at the top of the page and click on manuals. Scroll down to 16mm projectors and you’ll find it

Comment

Joe Taffis Ah wonderful. Thank you

Comment

Here is a link for three manuals of this projector including the badged Kodak model.
        You will need to scroll down for the service section. Sound base plate adjustments are on pages 51, 52 and 53.
        ELMO16CL_KODAKCT1000.pdf (film-tech.com)

Comment

Maurice Leakey Thank you very much

Comment

Ok so I fiddled for hours! I realized to set the sound head for this the screw I needed to access was behind the flywheel. In the end I have managed to get it sounding much better.

I had a few questions though.

1. I have a print where it seems I need to adjust the sound head. All my other prints work fine without doing this. Is this common or rare and why might it be happening.

2. I realized the jack out of the projector is mono so ordered a mono to an lead for my stereo. It seems my levels are a little loud going to my stereo (it has small speakers and isn’t a great amp) is this common and is there anything anyone does to help with this? Maybe people have a mixer it goes through first to help level it out more? Interested for any help. It’s not terrible at all but I think I can make it better.

many help with this much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X