Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you call prints made of butchered ones

Hi all,

Suddenly it is gone from my head that there are plenty 16mm prints which actually made of from butchered prints that used to be meant for garbage bins (for copyright purposes). What is the street name of these type of prints?

Thanks
    winbert

I believe it is "bandsaw" if not mistaken. I had a print of Jurassic Park: Lost World where it had a splice every turn of the reel.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Arpin View Post
      I believe it is "bandsaw" if not mistaken. I had a print of Jurassic Park: Lost World where it had a splice every turn of the reel.
      yes... "bandsaw" that what I was looking for.

I am trying to find out on youtube how does it look a like when it is screened but there is no any video for an example.

Any guys have a video of bandsaw during the screening can post it here please?

Comment

Not how it looks when it's projected but when a film is beeing bandsawed (warning : horrible to watch) : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TN_8ZBiYUJ8

Comment

Hi Winbert,
          Somewhere in my house I have a bandsaw 16mm print of the movie Being John Malkovich.
          When I have a bit more time, I will dig it out and video it for you. From what I remember from the last time I watched it, is not as bad as it may seem.
          It helps to have the projector in a separate room, as you can't hear the splices run through every 4 seconds! but is still totally watchable.
          My heart goes out to the poor sod who stuck it back together again.

Steve.

Comment

Working...
          X