Eiki RT main control switch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eiki RT main control switch problem

I have just got an eiki RT that i managed to get working but as i was operating the main function switch it went all loose, it still works but does not engage in foward & reverse etc now. I looked in the back of the projector where the rear of the switch is and a small ball bearing about 5mm in diameter has fallen out from the mechanism. Any ideas how to repair it as its very hard to access.

It is indeed moderately hard but still possible, just take some time & patience.
    You may need to take transformer out first (easy), then amplifier unit (moderate), then the switch unit itself. Also some cables & sockets to be removed as well.

Besides the ball bearing there should be a small compression spring to press that ball into the detents. Hope that spring is still there as well.

Comment

Didn't see a spring but will have another look.I’ve taken amps out before so should be able to remove it.Ive never had this happen to eiki’s before, the only thing is that if it happened once it may happen again.

Comment

Managed to fix this, it was a small sprung metal plate holding the ball bearing in place held by two screws, no spring.Still can’t understand how it popped out though, hopefully won’t happen again.

Comment

That's good news.
          Would a drop of oil help, or is that not possible?

Comment

Yes i cleaned the whole area and added a drop of oil. I’ve used it a few times now and so far it is ok.

Comment

Working...
            X