ELMO F16-HL 16mm Projector HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELMO F16-HL 16mm Projector HELP

Hey everyone, I have an ELMO F16-HL projector and it seems to be in quite good working order though I would like to service it myself, I have a couple of questions if anyone knows the answer:

1) What replacement lamp does this model take?

2) The unit has a rather unique self-lubricating feature, where oil must be added - this must be empty as when running the machine 'squeaks' for lack of a better word. Does anyone know what oil is required for this purpose?
    I've attached a photo to show what I mean.

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Jacob
    1) Use light machine oil such as used in sewing machines.
    2) Lamp is A1/223, 24 volts, 250 watts.

Ersatzlampe ELMO für F16HL - lamp 250 Watt (hcinema.de)
    A1/223 250watt 24volt G6.35 EHJ FXlab Halogen Lamp 250w 24V OSRAM 50HR | eBay​​

Comment

Thank you again, Maurice! You have once again secured your position as Film God

Comment

Thank you, Jacob. I always try to help.

Regarding the oil. Only top up when projector is completely cold. If it has been running any oil present will have been circulated around the mech. The level when cold should show against the line in the centre of the window. When it is running the oil level shown will drop.

Comment

From my experience with the previous model (F16-1000A, 1k tungsten lamp version), it is actually quite tolerable about lubricant used.

I've been running mine with surplus automotive oil from my car (10w40 or so I think) for ages. A bit thicker than ideal, but there had been no issues whatsoever ever since. But since I'd just acquired a can of Singer sewing mqchine oil, I might try it out on the next oil change.

Comment

Working...
          X