Magnetic sound not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnetic sound not working

I bought an Eiki 16mm magnetic sound projector from eBay and have just received a print with a magnetic soundtrack, I switch the projector to magnetic sound but got nothing but a low hum, anyone know what the problem could be?

Phillip
    How are you using the Eiki? Autio thread I assume.
    With any 16mm projector which is Optical and Magnetic it is important to set the projector to Optical before you auto thread a magnetic film. When threading is complete switch to Magnetic.
    This is because if set to Magnetic the film may not be able to correctly enter the magnetic head.

Comment

Thank you Maurice I have managed to sort it. The sound head was stuck and was not moving onto the film.

Comment

Hi Phillip, I have had Eiki RT2, RM3 and NT2. As you have already experienced, it is possible that in a projector that has been stopped for a long time, the mechanism for the descent of the magnetic head gets blocked. If you still have problems with the magnetic reading, check that the head is properly seated on the track. If necessary, you can delicately adjust the pressure by releasing the screw. With my RT2 I had some reading problems both with optical and magnetic track after half of the roll: it was due to a wrong traction by the receiving roll, and to the tension of two springs. As the projector ages it may be necessary to change these items. With NT2 I have never had these problems.

Comment

Working...
        X