Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eiki SSL-0 bottom slack loop getting taken up causing the projector to cut power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eiki SSL-0 bottom slack loop getting taken up causing the projector to cut power

I will post a link to youtube video I made but I recently picked up this projector i've been absolutely dying to get working. The very first thing I did before doing anything power related was I GREASED all the necessary moving parts. So as of right now every part that rolls or slides or indexes with another part moves freely. I currently have an issue that best can be described as, when the bottom loop gets formed and the knob turns forward to the run position the bottom loop roller lifts up and out of the way leaving the loop formed while every other component does it required job. The projector starts running and the projection is seems consistent however I am noticing something is taking up the slack loop and putting tension on the bottom loop roller causing the bottom loop roller to push the film down creating more slack and repeating consistently till it shuts off because it trips the "film-guard" and I have to reset the projector. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/oENKMuNYj3M

That is the video describing the issue, the flutter in the audio is caused by the bottom slack loop pulling up and lifting the roller slightly on the audio pickup and causing the audio to be effected. I don't know how the slack can be getting taken up if the belt inside is rotating all four pulley equally at the same time. I also played games with the take up reel and took the reel out of the picture letting the film fall on the ground to see if the take up reel was pulling the film to hard but the same issue was happening. I will take some photos of what I have going on at the moment, any feed back would be fantastic.
    Second link is better detail of my issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmIUqvdnxvk
    Last edited by Timothy Szymanski; December 20, 2022, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Timothy
      Have a look at Page 45 re adjusting the loop former.
      EIKISLIISERVICE.pdf (film-tech.com)

Comment

I'd second on overly sensitive/maladjusted loop restorer too.
        But for the sake of completeness please have a good look at the rear sprocket as well. Make sure that it did have a good contact with film sprocket holes too.

Comment

Working...
        X