15volt 150 watt lamp conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15volt 150 watt lamp conversion

I have a spare 15volt 10 amp toroidal transformer , I wondered whether any members had used this type of lighting in a 16 mm projector. I was thinking of fitting it in my Elf President which presently runs a mains 750 watt lamp. This run pretty hot with a large filament and a lot of light spill.Let me know what you think, I am dying to give it a go !
    John

Would 150 watts be enough for 16mm projection?

Comment

That’s what I was thinking, but it is 10 amps and by careful adjustment might give a whiter light.

Comment

Why not try a lamp that is a conversion in my Specto 500.
        It's mains voltage and 650 watts. It will need a reflector.
        Osram 64717 650w 240v GY9.5 Cap Projector Lamp. Ansi code FRM — Easy Light Bulbs (easy-lightbulbs.com)

Comment

Thanks Maurice I will have a look at that, I wonder whether it will be brighter than the 750 watt . I will let you know what I decide.
          John

Comment

John
            I have some of these lamps and can let you have them a lot less than £18! If interested pm me.

Comment

Hi Terry
              Thanks for the offer of bulbs, I presume you mean the ones Maurice refers to.
              Hope you are keeping well and enjoying the sunshine, it’s lovely here.
              John

Comment

Yes John exact same ones. We are well thank you. Weather is fabulous here too.

Comment

Working...
                X