Lamp conversion question B&H 1592

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamp conversion question B&H 1592

I would like to thank Mr. Leakey for replying to my first post. I have used the search function but am not sure if I have spotted what I was looking for. I know he has written many posts about conversions as well as others. Does anyone know if the Bell and Howell 1592 would be a good candidate for conversion ? Would everything fit in there, or would I have to fiddle with some alternative ? Or would the opinion of this machine be to low to mess about with ? Thanks for your views

If your 1592 uses the EMM lamp then they can be retrofitted with the more readily available ELC lamp but they need a mounting bracket which from our lamp supplier here in Western Australia you could purchase them along with the ELC lamp.

Was a fairly easy job to mount the new bracket and from memory I do not recall having to drill any holes.. You just removed the EMM mounting socket and replaced it with the ELC frame and all you had to do was to cut the wires to the EMM socket and connect the tail of the plug that came with the bracket to the projector lamp wiring. Usually a quick solder job and use heat shrink over the joins 😀 Sometimes you had to move the bracket a little to get the best light on screen and a small round file soon allowed the lamp bracket holes to be enlarged.

Comment

Lindsay has a very good solution to the problem of EMM lamp non-availability.. Conversion to an ELC is very desirable as they are the same voltage and wattage,
      Perhaps Lindsay could direct us to this supplier for the lamp conversion kit.
      I think a lot of users will be interested.

Comment

Had a chat to my past supplier of lamps and lamp brackets who has now retired from selling lamps etc and he informed me that he sourced his brackets and sockets that fit the pins of the ELC lamps from a company in USA being Buhl Electric in Newark.
        Apparently they still have stocks of various brackets and prices start at $6.90 USD.
        Their website is quite comprehensive so have a looky😀

Last time I purchased a EMM lamp it cost me $44 AUD as compared to an ELC @ $16 AUD so well worth swapping over if you can find the bracket...Sorry do not have a part number to assist.

Comment

Thanks, Lindsay
          Here is a link to Buhl Electric.
          Buhl Electric Products - Buhl LED​
          Can't see the relevant conversion, but, no doubt, a direct enquiry may help.

Comment

Greetings
            I have 50 of the EMM / EKS Lamps in stock
            At $22.00 each plus shipping
            There on my web site under lamps

Comment

I don't want to beat this into the ground, so I just want a confirm before I start something new. My original problem that started this was that I had bulbs going dim and blowing right after they were struck for the first time. I have used new old stock bulbs plenty of times without a problem. Has anyone heard of batches of bulbs being bad before ? I have some ELC bulbs on hand already and I would like to give the proper bulbs another chance. Can anyone think of a problem with a projector to cause this, or was I just unlucky with the bulbs ? Thank you.

Comment

I'd check the voltage at the lamp base for a start.

Comment

Working...
                X