Bell & Howell TQ3 scope bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell & Howell TQ3 scope bracket

Hi I'm wondering if bell & Howell has a scope bracket that fits the TQ3 range of machines.
    Ive just purchased a anamorphic lens for mine and im not sure how to mount it.

I am not aware that B & H ever made a scope bracket as every B & H machine that I have ever used to screen scope format the scope lens simply screwed onto the front of the projection lens.
    NOT a very good idea as it made quickly switching from flat to scope a PIA as one had to orientate the scope lens correctly whereas on all other 16mm and many 35mm machines I have used the swing over bracket made it so simple to go to scope as the lens was locked into the swing over bracket and thus correctly lined up.

Comment

I'll second on that. Although I only briefly owned a Bell & Howell TQ3 some 20 odd years back, but I didn't recall any screw holes/slots/bumps/etc. around the front of lens mount. Therefore I assumed back then that there's no separate bracket for anamorphic lens ever made.

Comment

OK you would have thought that a swing over fitted mount would be much better.
        I use a one inch Lens that has no thread end .
        I'm sure I have a eiki bracket somewhere I'll try finding it and see if i can modify it somehow.

Comment

Working...
        X