16mm complete film of THE FARMER -Gary Conway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16mm complete film of THE FARMER -Gary Conway

I bought a storage unit that used to belong to the owners of Code Red that have passed. In it is a huge pile of The Farmer film. I have been contacted by a person who said he is doing a documentary and would like to obtain these but is telling me they are not worth much. Anybody know what the value might be? Thanks

Originally posted by Rick Denny View Post
    I bought a storage unit that used to belong to the owners of Code Red that have passed. In it is a huge pile of The Farmer film. I have been contacted by a person who said he is doing a documentary and would like to obtain these but is telling me they are not worth much. Anybody know what the value might be? Thanks
    If I wanted the film, I would tell you it's not worth much, right?

It's a rare film, but the critics hated it ("too much violence"). Regardless, put it up for auction on Ebay. Someone may pay more for it than you would think possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Denny View Post
      it is a huge pile of The Farmer film.

Rick - Can you clear up one point for me, please ? Is it multi copies of the same film ? If so, how many ? If it is not, I am sure that other members of this forum, including myself, would be interested in knowing the other titles. Whatever, you could be in with the chance of making a few dollars by either selling them here or on Ebay.

As Ed pointed out, the buyer is going to say they are of little value, so I would anticipate the amount he would offer would be far less than you would get otherwise.

Good luck.

Comment

They are all the same movie. Alot are in different languages. I have several complete films also but have not gotten to them yet.

Comment

Rick,

It looks like that storage unit housed all things Farmer. Not only release prints (in different languages, as you said) but also different elements of the film that were used in editing and sound mixing. I see a box from DuArt Film Laboratories in NY (a lab I often used) so there's a good chance that there's a negative (or two) of the feature in those cans. There could also be unused footage, outakes, and a workprint. Quentin Tarantino mentions this film briefly in his recent book Cinema Speculation, so there is probably some interest in all this material.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
            Rick,

... Quentin Tarantino mentions this film briefly in his recent book Cinema Speculation, so there is probably some interest in all this material.
            It looks like there are some 35mm prints in the collection as well. Quentin would probably be interested in the film for his New Beverly Cinema.

Quentin made the unique decision to have the New Beverly solely project film prints. "I want the New Beverly to be a bastion for 35mm films. I want it to stand for something. When you see a film on the New Beverly calendar, you don’t have to ask whether it’s going to be shown in DCP or in 35mm. You know it’s playing in 35 because it’s the New Beverly."
            He has also added 16mm projection when he bought the theater.

Comment

I believe the New Beverly 16mm is an Elmo LX2200. Not sure if there is a pair. If anyone has more information on this I would be interested as I am an owner of the Elmo myself.

Comment

Working...
              X