Don’t Be Impatient!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don’t Be Impatient!

Thats the moral of this story. A 16mm feature popped up on Ebay today of a title Ive been looking for for most of my adult life. I couldnt wait for the six day auction to end so I begged with the seller to end the auction and I would pay the agreed price. He agreed and relisted just for me… in the brief time it took me to go back to pay someone else bought it! Making matters worse I keep getting messages from Ebay that I won. Arrrrgggghhhhhhh! It was like getting stabbed in the back… now I have to start searching all over again. Oh, did I mention it was an LPP print?

So close.......ouch!

Comment

Ouch! In the future, I wonder if you could make a private deal with the seller outside of eBay? I did that once. Basically the seller had a bunch of Little Rascals shorts that he was selling individually. We communicated via the eBay messaging system and we agreed on a price for the whole lot. He delisted them and I paid via PayPal. A bit risky, but we had a record of messages on eBay plus the PayPal transaction so there was definitely a “paper trail” of sorts in case the deal fell through (it worked out fine).

Comment

Hi Brian,
        May I ask the title of this 16mm feature, you never know, someone here may have it available?
        Also, it’s possible for the seller to just tell that buyer the item is no longer available/sold elsewhere, you can do that provided it’s not undertake too often!
        All the best,
        Rick

Comment

That must be so frustrating for you, especially as the seller relisted for your purchase. I'm very confused as to why ebay said you won when clearly you hadn't. Like Ricky said, fingers crossed if you can share the title with everyone, perhaps someone may have a copy they are willing to sell you.

Comment

Thanks for understanding! I'm still so bummed. I keep telling non film people and get: "Can't you just buy another one?" "It's only a movie...." "Don't you already have it on DVD?" Ugh.

Anyway the film in question is: The Night Digger with Patricia Neal and Nicholas Clay. I guess it could help with others keeping an eye out. I literally feel like since I have never seen one for sale in 30 years, I will probably die with never finding it.

Comment

Working...
            X