Eiki SL-2 Film ward stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eiki SL-2 Film ward stuck

Hello guys, i recently acquired a very neglected eiki sl2 and it looks like the film ward system is stuck.
    Im getting a jumpy uneven image, assuming because of that. Here's a short with the issue:
    Any ideas which is the culprit?

Probably sticky mechanism from dried grease/lubricants (which is fair enough for 30-40 years of being shelved). For example that top white roller is supposed to drop down with film thread and in forward mode - which is not the case here.

If you're really determined and not afraid of opening its back cover, it should be possible to free up those stuck mechanism with a can of lubricant spray.

Comment

Defiantly agree, all those parts that move should move instantly when free rather than the slow steady movement yours has.
      As said that white roller should also move down. Very much an old grease turned gooey. Theres a lot that moves on these when the switch is turned forwards. Fortunately, it isn't seized altogether so hopefully some time and patience will free it all up.

Comment

Thanks for your kind replies. I opened the back and it looks like the main moving parts are in the front. As you can see in the video it started to move a little. Question now is... Should that roll at the bottom move too? To form the lower loop?
        https://youtu.be/AqxNYyerAAU?feature=shared

Comment

Yes that bottom roller is supposed to move up when threaded, giving enough clearance for the lower loop.

Actually there's a lot going on behind the rear cover.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231009_125518.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	88266
          That metal plate right above the amplifier is the main part to actuate lots of other parts when threading/unthreading. On my guesstimation there're about 15-20 hinges/pivots/sliding parts occurred - which any of that could gone wrong.

If my memory is correct it took me WEEKS to get my SL-2 properly lubed/cleaned/adjusted. However it now works like a champ - worth every bit of time/attempt spent!

Comment

Working...
          X