HID Lamps advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID Lamps advice

I have recently purchased a Bell and Howell TQ3 1695 16mm projector which has been converted to use HID lamps. Unfortunately the lamp exploded after about 2 weeks, and I need to buy a new one. I have read that XENPOW HID-150 lamps are the ones to go for, but have tried 3 suppliers (JP Leisure, StageGear and Simply Sound and Lighting) who all say they have discontinued them. Can anyone advise me where to obtain one from please.

The alternative is this one: JENBO MHK 150/R 150W HID lamp, search for it on ebay.

Comment

Yep readily available on EBay all coming from sellers in China. I bought two recently and they are working OK for me. See picture if it loads OK

Comment

Thanks Lindsay and Jose. I'll get one if those.

Comment

I think I have found a supplier for the lamps in the UK. D.J Supplies Sound and Lighting Ltd. Have ordered one from them.

Comment

Phil , Do you know how many hours the lamp had run ? I ask because they should be good for about 750 hrs. You may have been unlucky and had a dodgey one. Did the explosion cause any damage?
            John

Comment

Hi John, I was told about 150 hours. The explosion does not seem to have damaged anything but I won't know for sure until I run it with another bulb.

UPDATE ON MY PREVIOUS POST - D.J. Supplies have also discontinued these HID bulbs, saying the supplier Prolight sold the last one 2 weeks ago and won't be getting any more in. It seems that there are no more supplies in UK, and we will have to get them from China, if we can.
              If anyone knows of a supplier in the UK please post here!

Comment

Working...
              X