No announcement yet.

What 16mm Films Did You See Last Night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to watch something on the humerous side last night. It was Michael Keaton in Multiplicity. My print unfortunately is the TV edited pan and scan version. This is not the best way to view this very clever 1996 movie...but after watching it several times...I'm use to it now Michael Keaton is in my top 10 favorite actors list and in this film he plays 4 rolls of himself. Through new technology he has 2 clones created of himself...he's #1...then there are clones #2 & #3. The clones were created with the intent to free up Michael's time to take a breather from everyday life tasks like work and house and family chores (at least that's the plan.) However...not all plans work out.

One of my favorite scenes is with clone #4. The #2 clone took it upon himself to create a clone of himself...resulting in a lovable but not very bright copy of a copy. Hilarious! Michael Keaton is trying to find answers to why his wife, Andy McDowell, who is not aware of the clones, is not happy with his current changing behavior. It's a good example of early SFX.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Multiplicity (1996).jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.2 KB ID:	6402

Comment

I just received an educational film titled The Price of Peace 1917-1918. It's an episode from a series called The American Diary. It was hosted by E. G. Marshall. I couldn't find a year it was produced and it isn't listed on IMDB. However it was in excellent condition good color and sound. There was a great variety of old footage ranging from aircraft and popular entertainment during World War l.

Click image for larger version  Name:	The-American-Diary---The-Price-of-Peace.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.3 KB ID:	6590
      Last edited by Janice Glesser; March 27, 2020, 12:34 AM.

Comment

I usually wait to watch The Graduate (1967) when my younger son visits. But since I don't see him visiting for a few months I watched it with my cat, Buster. I enjoy it just as much as the first time I saw it 53 years ago in the theater. Great movie...Great sound track!

Click image for larger version  Name:	The Graduate (1967).jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.7 KB ID:	6980

Comment

tonight I ran my print of THE BRIDGE AT REMAGEN, a flat print of a scope film, great colour, a bit dirty but will give it a clean when I rewind it in the morning

Comment

Watched a few short films from blue boxes tonight.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1115.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	7949

Comment

Andreas Eggeling That was really cute!

Comment

I watch a digest version of Lord Grade's JESUS OF NAZARETH, great colour but scratched up a bit being an ex church rental.

Comment

All on 16mm
                  Astronut (Home movies)
                  Donald Duck (Donalds lucky day) IB Tech
                  Tom and Jerry (Smarty cat) LLP
                  The Symphony Orchestra (Encyclopedia Britannica Films)
                  Donald and the Wheel IB Tech

Comment

Martin Davey Great colored prints!

Comment

Thanks Janice. I tend to avoid pink prints. Interestingly I found the 16mm far easier to photograph than the super 8! Donald and the Wheel is one of my favouite prints in my collection.

Comment

Paper Chasse, an American film from 1973. Soundtrack is in English with French and Dutch subtitles (which means it's a copy made for the Belgian market).

Comment

How to play football (Disney Goofy short)
                          Reel of 1960s American health adverts (some NTSC scans, some film shoots)
                          All the Queens Horses (Post Office film)
                          Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land (Disney 25min short, part SP, part great colour unknown stock)

Comment

First time posting here!

I watched "Just Before Dawn" - a really cool pacific northwest slasher flick on 16mm.

Comment

Austin Snell WELCOME!

Comment

Tonight I watched one of my favorite 1980 movies... 9 to 5. Great cast with Lily Tomlin, Dolly Parton, Jane Fonda, and Dabney Coleman is brilliant as the smarmy "sexist egotistical lying hypocritical bigot" boss. Great fun!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200529_203053.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.5 KB ID:	10693
                                Last edited by Janice Glesser; May 29, 2020, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X