• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got an Irwin!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5835.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	248.8 KB
ID:	97096I got an Irwin safety film projector from an antique shop today. I’m looking for 16mm film strips or film loops used in those types of toy machines. Anyone have any sources?

I found a Keystone E-65 in a thrift shop many years ago that came with a 100' digest (Steamboat Willie). That digest is far too old to run through a toy projector, so I am also in the market for a small reel to demo the projector. In general, Ebay is a place to find old films, but they tend to be overpriced, so checking at forums like this or film attending a film enthusiast get-together like CineSea is probably the better option.

Hopefully someone on this forum as a small reel of 16mm they has willing to part with at a reasonable price. My Keystone will only project 16mm with sprocket holes on both sides of the film. Will your projector accept single perf 16mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Gordon View Post
      I found a Keystone E-65 in a thrift shop many years ago that came with a 100' digest (Steamboat Willie). That digest is far too old to run through a toy projector, so I am also in the market for a small reel to demo the projector. In general, Ebay is a place to find old films, but they tend to be overpriced, so checking at forums like this or film attending a film enthusiast get-together like CineSea is probably the better option.

Hopefully someone on this forum as a small reel of 16mm they has willing to part with at a reasonable price. My Keystone will only project 16mm with sprocket holes on both sides of the film. Will your projector accept single perf 16mm?
      Yes indeed, in fact the film I got is only single perf

Comment

Working...
      X