Elmo 16-AL help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo 16-AL help

Ok I bought this Elmo projector at a Swap Meet today and boy oh boy what did I get myself into? About 3 rollers are a melted sticky mess! (Are there more I’m not seeing?) Plus the lamp button appears to be stuck. But it’s such a cool projector I think it’s worth putting money into to get it going!
    Last edited by Andrew Bauer; April 14, 2024, 04:24 PM.

Hi Andrew, standard Elmo problem with the rollers, I removed the rollers and cleaned off the sticky rubber stuff down to the brass center section and then built the roller back up to size with consecutive layers of shrink tubing, worked fine and still does. you would have to pull the cover off to see whats happened with the switch.

Comment

It is possible to purchase re-manufactured rollers, if you don't want to do it yourself. For example URBANSKI in the US sells them, but there might be others on eBay, too...
      https://www.urbanskifilm.com/projectors.html

Comment

I've bought all my rollers for my Elmo's at Urbanskifilm. They are made to original specs and should last now the life of the machine. You will have to send in your old rollers In exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by Janice Glesser View Post
          I've bought all my rollers for my Elmo's at Urbanskifilm. They are made to original specs and should last now the life of the machine. You will have to send in your old rollers In exchange.
          And this is what I did. I glued the broken lamp button back in place too. I paid for the rollers and now I’m waiting for them to show up.

Comment

Ok I got the new rollers on and mechanically and visually it’s working fine and dandy BUT now there is no audio on films. Not on the external speaker or when I plug in headphones! The exciter lamp is lighting up but all I get is a hiss! Is it one of those fuses or is it a electronic issue that’s Beyond my skill that involves a repairman? (And yes I don’t have film in it at the moment but it’s to show the exciter lamp is lighting up) is there an adjustment that has to be done that I’m missing?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Andrew Bauer; Today, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Ok it was mentioned to me that the issue could possibly a bridge rectifier that has gone bad. So of course something that involves a soldering iron! So I know it’s not gonna be a task I can take myself! UGH! I guess I’ll have to ship the whole enchilada to Larry Urbanski due to my ineptness with soldering electronics. ☹️

Comment

Working...
              X