The Boy and the Cat 1974

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boy and the Cat 1974

Probably the first 16mm review I had done on the 8mm forum so here goes as its a bit seasonal.

Animator SHEILA GRABER produced this very hand crafter animation favourite in 1974 and it won the Ten Best in Movie Maker magazine. Sheila of course went on to win a number of awards from TV plus we also had her as a special guest at our film festival here having the joy of projecting the films :-)

Beautifully animated with love and skill it follows a mischievous playful story line with some of it being set in the snow which is seasonal. It is a very sweet watch and the children will love every minute of it.

Being filmed on 16mm the 16mm duplicates are quite detailed and prints are in the BFI archive and Yorkshire archive although the print does have some damage.

If you come across a print they are in very limited numbers but worth having as a nice film for your Christmas shows.

400ft Colour Sound around 10 minutes. (will add some pictures next time I run it)

Lee,
    I really enjoy her animations and have a few on Super 8. Looking forward to pictures of The Boy and the Cat when you are able.....

Comment

I have "The Boy and the Cat" on Super 8.

Comment

Maurice,
        It's good to know that one is available on Super 8 also. Will keep an eye out for it. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X