Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Son of Red Print Theater : VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA (TV SHOW):" THE MUMMY "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son of Red Print Theater : VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA (TV SHOW):" THE MUMMY "

WELCOME - TO THE NEW 8MM FORUM !

HENCE " SON OF RED PRINT THEATER " !
    Hello fellow film fiends !
    This month's selection is …..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7532.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	16887
    WELL....IN FADED COLOR !!

The Mummy

52min | SCI-FI - EPISODE ORIGINALLY AIRED 2/5/1967

The Seaview is tasked with transporting an Egyptian mummy from a New York museum for special secret testing. It becomes apparent very quickly not all is as it should seem, and soon a terrible threat is unleashed on the crew of Seaview.

Name:	IMG_7534.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	16888 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7537.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	16889 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7539.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	16890

Name:	IMG_7540.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	16891

Name:	IMG_7541.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	16892 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7542.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	16893

Name:	IMG_7544.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	16894

Name:	IMG_7550.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	16895 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7553.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	16896 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7554.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	16897 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7555.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	16898

Name:	IMG_7567.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	16899 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7585.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	16900

Name:	IMG_7586.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	16901
    Ya got to hand it to the writers here - why write an overly complicated plot when you can stick to the basics instead and make it work? That's why this one gets a 10 rating from me.

The basics are : (Spoiler!) a mummy jumps out of his box and strangles everybody.

And I mean everybody. Del Monroe (Kowalski) gets it. As does the Captain. At one point there's a strange scene in the sick bay with everybody stretched out and Admiral Nelson and the Doc shaking their heads. That mummy keeps popping out. They don't know why. It's never explained, and I mean AT ALL! And how the 3000 year old mummy knows about nuclear sub wiring rooms?!? Never explained. At the very end Nelson looks right at the camera and sort of shrugs when asked to explain. "Heck" he shrugs, "It's the 60's."

Hey, here's my favorite part - at the end they channel the entire output of their nuclear reactors into this one steel cable. And CHIP is STANDING ON IT! No kidding, he's one tough guy.

Tough? That's nothing. The mummy has superhuman strength, even though he drags his foot a lot. He can actually pull a steel door (locked by Sharkey, I saw him do it) that's got to be rated at 8793 tons per sq. inch right off its hinges, and that's a first here on the ...

good ship Seaview.

This episode was one of my favorites , mainly because of the subject matter ( a MUMMY on the Seaview ?? ) and the EXCELLENT recycling of Bernard Herrmann's CREEPY , ATMOSPHERIC musical score from " Day the Earth Stood still " .
    This was from Season 3 , Episode #20 ( 1967 ) , which was probably the last season it still had interesting plots and was still for " adults " .
    The last season of the series was the nail in the coffin because it began to take on the characteristics Irwin Allen was using for " Lost in Space " .
    My print , used here for the screen shots , is a faded ( not surprised ?? ) 16mm Eastman color stock .

WEIRD STUFF - Capt. Nelson says that the Middle East is ready to erupt into war at a moment's notice. Four months after the original airing of this episode, the Six Day War broke out, which resulted in Israel gaining the Golan, the West Bank, the Sinai, and all of Jerusalem.

This episode takes place in the 1980's .

ANOTHER ONE OF MY ALL-TIME FAVORITES FOR RED PRINT THEATER !!
Working...
X