Mickey's Polo Team - 1936

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickey's Polo Team - 1936

I have recently bought a 16mm colour cartoon from a fellow member. It's a 1936 Mickey Mouse cartoon "Mickey's Polo Team". Mickey and his friends face off against a team of celebrities in a polo match.

Mickey's team:- Mickey, The Goof, Donald Duck, Big Bad Wolf.
    Movie Stars' team:- Stan Laurel, Oliver Hardy, Harpo Marx, Charlie Chaplin.
    Spectators:- Three Little Pigs, Shirley Temple, Charles Laughton (as Henry VIII), W.C. Fields, Clark Gable, Clarabelle Cow, Eddie Cantor, Harold Lloyd, Edna Mae Oliver, Greta Garbo, Max Hare, Mrs. Roosevelt.

It's a great cartoon and directed by David Hand and Wilfred Jackson. As it was made in 1936 it's possible that members much younger than me (86) may not recognise all the celebrities, but I am sure they will still enjoy the cartoon.

You can view it on YouTube by clicking below.
    Enjoy.

Mickey Mouse,Donald Duck,Goofy Mickey's Polo Team - YouTube

Maurice

Just a pity the YouTube showing has it stretched sideways to 16:9. I'm sure your copy looks better projected. That King looks like the one from the Thru The Looking Glass Mickey mouse cartoon too.

Comment

Derann released Mickey’s Polo Team on super 8 and it was a great print and sound. The Boys also briefly turn up in Derann super 8 releases of Mickey’s Gala Premiere and Mother Goose. Blink and you miss them. Hal Roach and Walt Disney were close friends and played polo together. The three pigs characters were allowed to be used in Laurel and Hardy’s Babes in Toy-land for free. Very unusual then unknown now. Walt was keen for his artists to study the comic movements of Laurel and Hardy and Chaplin and use them as study aids in animation.

https://www.laurelandhardy.org/cartoons.html

Comment

Working...
      X