The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934)

This is a review of Blackhawk Films 16mm release of Alfred Hitchcock's 1934 The Man Who Knew Too Much. A Black & White print with good contrast and optical sound mounted on two 1600' reels. The film is 75 minutes long and stars Lesley Banks, Edna Best, and Peter Lorre. This is a fast paced and suspenseful story of espionage, murder and kidnapping, set in backdrops from Switzerland to London. Seeing Leslie Banks in the role of a loving father is a stark contrast to the evil Count Zaroff he portrayed a few years earlier in The Most Dangerous Game, and shows the range of his acting skills. ​ Here are some screenshots from this print. A very enjoyable early Hitchcock film that I personally prefer to his own later 1956 color remake with the same title.

I can’t see your screenshots, Joe.
    I have this print too though and it’s a nice print.
    I have a question for you. My print does not have the usual Blackhawk logo at the beginning. It comes straight in on the travel brochures. Is yours the same?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	TMWKTM 3.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	28974 Click image for larger version

Name:	TMWKTM 5.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	28969 Click image for larger version

Name:	TMWKTM 6.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	28972 Click image for larger version

Name:	TMWKTM 1.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	28975 Click image for larger version

Name:	TMWKTM 8.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	28973 Click image for larger version

Name:	TMWKTM 9.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	28970 Click image for larger version

Name:	TMWKTM 10.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	28971 Sorry for the late reply Mick. Anyway, mine begins with the British censorship approval then to the travelogues. The Blackhawk logo is at the end of the print. I'm downloading the screenshots again. I don't know what happened to them the first time?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Joe. Yes, that sounds the same as mine. Nice shots.

Comment

Working...
        X