Uncle Buck, theatrical print, 2 x 1600ft spools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Buck, theatrical print, 2 x 1600ft spools

Uncle Buck is a 1989 American comedy film written and directed by John Hughes.
    Starring John Candy, Amy Madigan and Macaulay Culkin, the film tells the story of a bachelor and all-around-slob who babysits his brother's rebellious teenage daughter and her younger brother and sister.
    Uncle Buck was released in theatres on August 16, 1989 by Universal Pictures and grossed $79.2 million against a $15 million budget.

When you view this John Hugh's film it is clear to see some of the ideas for one of his later films, Home alone in 1990, just a year or so after Uncle Buck. While this film isn't as funny as Home alone it is still a great family movie with some very very funny moments. This a theatrical print so it is saved from those annoying TV edits that occur every time it's aired and while they may only be snips, its does have an impact on the comedy, thankfully, this is the full uncut version with the MPAA rating at the very end.

This is a 99.9% perfect print in every way, the image is pin sharp, the sound is superb with a clarity and bass you wouldn't believe. The colour is so vibrant, unfortunately, these images are poor in comparison to what you see on screen, not too sure whats happening with my old camera but the best example is those opening titles, when you view the film its a purple title, the image appears to show almost white so these are purely a guide. There are no marks throughout the whole print worth a mention.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UBuck1 (1).jpg
Views:	636
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	37191 Click image for larger version

Name:	UBuck1 (2).jpg
Views:	641
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	37189 Click image for larger version

Name:	UBuck1 (3).jpg
Views:	645
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	37188 Click image for larger version

Name:	UBuck1 (4).jpg
Views:	647
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	37190 Click image for larger version

Name:	UBuck1 (5).jpg
Views:	745
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	37187 Click image for larger version

Name:	UBuck1 (6).jpg
Views:	651
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	37194 Click image for larger version

Name:	UBuck1 (7).jpg
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	37193 Click image for larger version

Name:	UBuck1 (8).jpg
Views:	654
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	37192 Click image for larger version

Name:	UBuck1 (9).jpg
Views:	632
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	37195 Click image for larger version

Name:	UBuck1 (10).jpg
Views:	637
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	37197 Click image for larger version

Name:	UBuck1 (11).jpg
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	37198 Click image for larger version

Name:	UBuck1 (12).jpg
Views:	626
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	37196

A nice read Tom and a delightful film for the family, very popular here at the time. It's nice when the labs get it right.

Comment

Cheers, i think its more like, it's nice to see a print thats been looked after, looking at some of the state some 16mm prints get in, you have to wonder how people handle them and the projectors they use. Obviously many 16mm prints have been pulled from pillar to post and projected dozens, maybe hundred's of times through projectors that have seen better days. This particular print has either not been projected much or it has been in very careful hands. The labs with 16mm, do tend to get most prints spot on.
      Last edited by Tom Photiou; June 30, 2021, 12:20 PM.

Comment

One of my favourite comedy films, together with Planes,Trains and Automobiles. I’m a great fan of John Candy, a sad loss. You are very lucky Tom to acquire a print in such good condition and I know it will be looked after in your hands.

Comment

Thank you Terry, Plains Trains and Automobiles is also one my favourites. John Candy had so much more to offer, very sad he passed away so young, just 43 years old.

Comment

Yes I have a few perfect prints and fret every time I project them. Will it scratch, please don't talk to me during projection or can I have a sedative!
            Collectors who call for a film screening often comment why I never sit down when operating a projector. FEAR 😨But we love it.
            Lovely film Tom and in good hands.

Comment

Thank you,
              I must admit, these days i put a film on and just view it, i like to think i keep my machines in top condition, Kevin Brown has looked after my 16s and Bill always looked after my 8s before he retired. So far so good, but im at an age now where projecting anything on our machines is a risk that comes with the hobby. Treat them well, look after them and service them as best you can you should be OK. I'm sure one day the inevitable will happen, but just over 40 years in the hobby, means i now enjoy them as a part of the audience. I sit next and just slightly forward of the projector and look back constantly, thats as much as i do. You cant enjoy the films if your constantly ready to switch it off. Good thing about the SL2 is that if a film should be badly damaged, it shuts down in an instant.

Comment

I love John Hughes' movies, especially "Uncle Buck". I have a John Hughes' print of "Curly Sue" with John Belushi. It too is of excellent quality. Always a fun watch.

Comment

Stunning looking print, am also a humongous fan of John Candy and the movies of John Hughes that meant so much to so many of us who were teenagers in the '80s. What Candy and Hughes found together in Uncle Buck and Planes, Trains (and his cameo in Home Alone, AND his part in JFK) was just scratching the surface of what John Candy could have done with a longer career.

Comment

Candy was excellent in Cool Runnings. He also made a great albatross in The Rescuers Down Under.

Comment

He certainly did, I still project the feature every so often, it was the first brand new feature film I bought from Derann long long ago

Name:	P1140114.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	85695

Name:	P1190533.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	85696

Name:	P1190534.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	85697

Comment

What a stunning looking print, I've not seen Uncle Buck come up for sale before so this must be quite rare, I agree that John Candy was excellent in Cool running's.

Comment

Working...
                        X