Pieces Of Silver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pieces Of Silver

Screened two night ago bought new from Derann many moons ago short film to commemorate Kodak film, excellent print .
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1250827.JPG
Views:	374
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	59816

Name:	P1250831.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	59817

Name:	P1250832.JPG
Views:	347
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	59818

Name:	P1250835.JPG
Views:	343
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	59819

Name:	P1250836.JPG
Views:	347
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	59820

Name:	P1250838.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	59821

Name:	P1250840.JPG
Views:	350
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	59822

…and it looks more than excellent!
    Congratulations!

Comment

The perfect way to watch it!

Graham - could you please remind me of what model that B&H is? Am I right that it was either the last new projector they manufactured, or very close to it?

Comment

Hi Adrian

The ID plate on it states Model 1680GS made in USA. I bought it around 1996 second hand and its been my main 16mm projector ever since. I am not sure if this model was manufactured near the end, I guess it was. The last time I had a close look at the worm gear it still looked fine, in saying that I always rewind all my 8/16mm films on hand re-winders.

One aspect I do like with Bell and Howell, is the "three claw" pull down, which makes the projector very forgiving on older films, I can't think of a time where I have lost a loop, I might have somewhere in the past, but can't remember when. I use a 40mm lens on it which works out just right for the size of screen 7.5 meters away.

Comment

Graham, 'Pieces of Silver' is an excellent compilation of American film in all it's diversity, but if you get the chance have a look at something similar produced to celebrate the Centenary of film in the U.K in 1994. 'Reflections' is a compilation of 100 years of British film. It's so skilfully executed to music that fits like a glove. Absolutely superb and the repeat value is very high!

Comment

Thanks Dave

I bought Reflections UK from Derann on Super 8 when they released it. I totally agree its really superb, and as you say the repeat value is high

Comment

Working...
            X