Bullitt 3 x 1600ft IB Tech print

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullitt 3 x 1600ft IB Tech print

This is one of the best prints in our 16mm collection, purchased a couple of years ago, the print is in great order with only a few minor lines here and there, hardly worth a mention. The colours are stunning as is the image sharpness and sound. When i made the purchase there was some start and end titles missing which was made clear to me, however, this has now been rectified and what we have is a great print of a 60s classic. I am very grateful to the seller for allowing me this great purchase.

A little extra info with the help of wiki
    Bullitt is a 1968 American
    action thriller film directed by Peter Yates and produced by Philip D'Antoni. The film stars Steve McQueen, Robert Vaughn, and Jacqueline Bisset. The screenplay by Alan R. Trustman and Harry Kleiner was based on the 1963 novel, Mute Witness, by Robert L. Fish, writing under the pseudonym Robert L. Pike. Lalo Schifrin wrote the original jazz-inspired score, arranged for brass and percussion. Robert Duvall has a small role as a cab driver who provides information to McQueen. The star of the movie, a 1968 Mustang Fastback, was sold at Mecum Auctions on Friday, January 10, 2020 for a record price of 3.4 million dollars, $3.7 million including auction fees.

The film was made by McQueen's Solar Productions company with his partner
    Robert E. Relyea as executive producer. Released by Warner Bros.-Seven Arts on October 17, 1968, the film was a critical and box-office smash, later winning the Academy Award for Best Film Editing (Frank P. Keller) and receiving a nomination for Best Sound. Writers Trustman and Kleiner won a 1969 Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers of America for Best Motion Picture Screenplay. Bullitt is also notable for its car chase scene through the streets of San Francisco, which is regarded as one of the most influential in movie history.
    Attached Files

Nice review of a classic film Tom! I had an Italian made super 8mm feature, but it was totally red. I ended up selling it to a Steve McQueen collector...

Comment

Thank you Joe. i wonder if your buyer still has it.

Comment

Nice looking print. Do you know if this is a British tech print or US? Is there any marking on the side?

Comment

I believe this is an American print, i will check the film over the weekend.

Comment

What a lovely looking print Tom, nice pictures and review, as a major contributor to this forum do you use a computer to load and resize your pictures or your mobile? I'd like to put a few pictures up but struggle using my phone as it won't resize them so gave up, with so many reviews etc under your belt I was just curious how you do them,Mark

Comment

Working...
            X