Spares needed for Paillard Bolex G3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spares needed for Paillard Bolex G3

The wiper for the lamp rheostat on my G3 needs replacing as it’s crumbling away. Do any spares exist? Or is there a way to fabricate one?

John
    You could try Martyn Stevens. He often has bits and pieces of vintage projectors lying around!
    His website doesn't seem to give his contact details so I suggest you get in touch with Patrick Moules (whose details are on the site). Patrick is a great friend of Martyn and I am sure he can assist.

http://www.cinerdistan.com/component...id=389:index-2

Maurice

Comment

His contact details are there. He’s buried them in text so that there is less risk of him getting spammed.
      ”Just use my initials, mas, followed by the "at" symbol, then the website name, then dot com“

Comment

Hi John,
        Not sure if you are still trying to find a resolution for this issue. I have one in a worse state, the arm was welded to the wire wrap, I have not been able to find any spares for mine. I'm going to create the arm from a flat copper sheet and I have found some Nichrome wire with the same resistance as the wire that came off. I will then re-wrap the insulation board. Be careful with the board as I'm sure it is asbestos, mine is solid, so not worried about it but I'm removing it from the inside of the bulb housing and replacing it with none asbestos mat.

Comment

Thanks. I’m working on an Led conversion

Comment

Working...
          X