For Sale: Elmo ST600 - as new in box SOLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: Elmo ST600 - as new in box SOLD

One of the first projector I bought was an Elmo ST-600. I was always very happy with it, but only didn't like the maximum capacity of 600'. In a moment of madness I sold it (after buying its bigger brother the ST1200HD), but almost immediately regretted it. Since then I found it really difficult to resist buying one of these nifty machines when I encounter one. So, it happened again and I ended up buying a projector that I really don't need. I bought it blind, suspecting it was in good nick, but on arrival it became clear that this machine is absolutely mint. It came in its original box with all the accessories (many still wrapped up). The machine smells new . Of course the belts were toast, so I replaced them. It could also do with a bit of lubrication, but now the machine runs like it came straight out of the factory. It is quiet and the sound reproduction is loud and clear.
    The machine is dual-track (not stereo), but can play back a stereo soundtrack if you feed the sound to an external amplifier.

So, in order not to regret selling this, I will donate the proceeds of the sale to the Cinema Museum in London. That wonderful place is hit really hard by the lack of income during pandemic and needs all the support it can get.
    The projector comes with the standard Elmo 1.3 lens and all accessories and manual (the manual might be in Dutch, I'll check) in its original box (which is also in immaculate condition). It has been tested on both 18fps and 24fps, sound and silent. It is a beautiful machine and no home should be without one (and note to myself, a home also doesn't need more than one, especially if there are several other high end Super8 machines around as well). It is small enough to keep at hand in the living room, to quickly smuggle in a 400 footer projected on the wall when you suddenly have half an hour of time that isn't accounted for. Happy days!

I'm asking for £175 and that includes shipping in the UK.

- Rob

Rob - I've never understood why there two distinct types of ST-600 with cosmetic differences and also some differences in terms of the controls. There's the silver one that's clearly related to the ST-1200 in terms of its appearance, and also the black one. I believe the main difference is that the silver one has more sophisticated recording capabilities. A prospective buyer might like to know which one you're offering.

Comment

Hi Adrian,

That's a good point, thanks. The one I am selling is the silver one. I've never had the black version, so don't really know what the difference is. I'll take a couple of pictures later today and post them.

I watched the Madagascar Penguins in the Christmas Caper on it last night with the little one. Very impressed with the machine. It produces a rock-steady picture. After putting the little one to bed I got another machine out of the loft. Again a neat little Elmo: the SP Hi-Deluxe. And watched a R8 print of the Russian silent 'Bed and Sofa' on it. Elmo did produce some very good equipment. There is another SP Hi-Deluxe in the loft. If that one is in equally good state, one of them will be offered here too. For some reason buying another projector is easier then selling one and before you know it the loft is full of them... I need to become a bit more reasonable!

- Rob

Comment

Click below to see the difference between the silver and the black model.
        The silver ST 600 is a better bet.

8mm Forum: FOR SALE ON EBAY ELMO 600 (film-tech.com)

Maurice

Comment

Hi Rob

Is the Elmo ST600D still available? Please let me know as I’m currently looking into purchasing one. Thanks

Comment

Hi Michael! Yes, but I am in the UK.... Sending it over will probably be expensive. Also I need to check if it has a 110V setting.
            I'll get back to you.

- Rob

Comment

Hi Michael, I'm afraid the model I have is not set up for 110V operation. So, best to look for a machine locally.

- Rob

Comment

Hi Rob

Thank you for checking, I really appreciate it. I’ll continue my search for these projectors in the states. I’ll manage to get one soon and hope you get to make a sale with yours. The Elmo ST600D and the ST1200 projectors look gorgeous. Can’t wait to finally own one.

Comment

It took me a little while, but I finally managed to take a few pictures.
                  I just bought a little BlueTooth transmitter that uses an aux port and am about to try that out with the projector and the B&W iPod dock that you can see in the background of one of the pictures. I'll report on the results in a different thread!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Elmo_ST600_4.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	26391

Name:	Elmo_ST600_3.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	26392

Name:	Elmo_ST600_2.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	26393

Name:	Elmo_ST600_1.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	26394
                  Attached Files

Comment

Is this still available?

Comment

Yes, it is still available.

Comment

I am interested. However having difficulty finding private message facility.Any advice?

Comment

joe, click on his profile

Comment

Now sold! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X