Specto Power Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specto Power Plugs

I am looking for either old unwanted power plugs for the Specto 8 16 & 9.5 Projectors or even a supplier of new ones. I did swap one projector with the blue Speakon type plug and socket but it goes against the grain to actually alter these things from their original state.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3027.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	24667 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3031.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	24668 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3030.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	24669

(In addition I could use a black lower spool arm (900ft) to replace the one that has been snapped on my Specto DE)

Obviously I am not expecting something for nothing so please let me know if you can help.

Nick

Nick
    This may be what you need.
    A 3-pin Bulgin line socket.
    BULGIN PX0631 SOCKET, 3WAY, FREE | eBay

Maurice

Comment

I would be very careful about buying the one Maurice has highlighted. It doesn't look the same as the plug on mine. Usually the correct Bakelite Bulgin plugs, that are advertised as Marshall or Leak amplifier type, are much more expensive. Also the listing states Bulgin socket? and rated at ony 3 amps. I think one like this is more appropriate https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bulgin-Vi...sAAOSwrptfupw2

Comment

Thanks Maurice but those you highlighted are the smaller version normally used for such things as Pyrotechnic control systems, (Been Down that route unsuccessfully before).

Comment

Thanks Terry I am bidding on half a dozen of the Bulgin radio type.

Comment

The item is a line socket. This is because it will carry live mains.
            The plug is on the projector. To receive the socket.

Maurice

Comment

Well that goes against my understanding of plugs and sockets. I was taught that plugs go into sockets. This is a photo of the rear of my Specto. Am I under a misapprehension that this is a socket?

Comment

Maurice is correct. Also Plugs have PINS.

Graham S

Comment

Well you learn something everyday. So for example 13amp household plugs are so named because they have pins?

Comment

I am now getting memories of a Rowan and Martin sketch that ended "It may be a plug to you, but it's A SOCKET TO ME"!!!! Sue bucket of water. 😀

Comment

Just as a matter of interest, or perhaps to stir the pot a bit, why does it come with a mains plug lead and not a mains socket lead ?

Comment

Yep - all a bit of a none sense really. To me a plug is male and a socket female. The male goes into the female regardless of pins or whether it is carrying live mains. The household 13 amp plugs and sockets are a prime example.

Comment

Working...
                        X