Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo st-800 for sale - boxed - very good condition - low price SOLD

Hi.

I'm selling this super 8 projector: Elmo ST-800 in very good condition.
    It's boxed with some accessories.
    I will send it to any country in Europe or America.
    Price: Europe: 160 € / America: 175 €
    Payment by Paypal

My e-mail: ferran774 @gmail.com
    (Please don't send PM)

Thanks.-

Does it run on American voltage I don't recall seeing any of these models in particular the ST 800 that was switchable between countries

Comment

I looked at one of my ST-800s. If it's possible, it's not obvious. The board the AC connections terminate on has single letter designations on the AC terminals like "B": not very information rich! It could be one of those things where if you have Elmo's internal documents it would be easy.

What you really want to see is the neutral hard-wired in place and also a series of quick-disconnect terminals labeled things like "115", "220" and "240" that the wire from the fuse can be moved among.

Comment

I've seen on You tube a video from someone who says that America is 220/240v too, only that houses are fed through centre tapped transformers so that each socket has 110/120v for safety but high power appliances are fed across both windings and an electrician can provide the higher voltage if needed. Living in the UK I can't verify this, but it would be handy if projectors COULD be used without conversion. Probably against power supply regulations though.

Comment

Well,

We are a little off topic, but why not?!

On the south wall of my den, if you stick a meter in a socket, you see 117VAC, same for the north wall. If you ran an extension cord across the floor and measured from the Hot of the North wall to the Hot of the south, you'd see 234VAC. Why? Just the electrician trying to balance the circuit breaker panel so the two phases are both in the same room (It was new construction).

These days a lot of equipment is universal: my Epson VP is rated 100-240VAC, you just need a line cord with the correct plug.

Comment

Please remember this is a sale thread. I'll leave these comments up for now however the next reply needs to be an answer to Chip's question from Ferran.

Comment

Hello friends.

Right now the projector is set at 220 V. which is the Spanish voltage.
              As far as I know the projector voltage can go from 110 up to 220 V.

Greetings-

Comment

NEW PRICE!:
                Projector + shipping to Europe - 150 €
                Projector + shipping to America: 165 €

Comment

Thank you for answering my question. I am no longer interested in this machine because the power source can not be confirmed. With all due respect to the seller.

Comment

It's sold

Comment

Working...
                    X