Bell & Howell 635 Moviemaster projector and synchroniser for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell & Howell 635 Moviemaster projector and synchroniser for sale

I have a standard 8mm Bell & Howell 635 Moviemaster standard 8mm projector and a Synchrodek tape/film synchroniser for sale on eBay. The starting bid price is £35. For more pictures, see ebay.us/oNvlQz?cmpnId=5338273189.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1160482.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	43399 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1160493.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	43400

The Bell & Howell 635 Moviemaster was manufactured in the early 1960s and this particular machine was purchased in 1964. It is in working order, with the following slight defects: the paint finish is peeling off in places, the motor can be sluggish when starting from cold (easily remedied by letting the machine run to warm up and/or flicking the inching knob by hand) and the picture can slip if the bottom loop is lost, e.g. due to a heavy splice.

The machine was modified to work with a Synchrodek synchroniser in 1969, but this does not affect its operation in any way, as a plug and socket connection and a shorting switch were fitted at the time. It comes with a 400’ reel and a spare lamp.

The Synchrodek is an electro-mechanical unit for synchronising ciné projectors with reel-to-reel tape recorders. Please note that it is not designed to work with cameras, only projectors, and will only work with reel-to-reel tape recorders, not cassette machines. It is not a pulse or electronic synchroniser, but operates by switching a variable resistor in and out of the power supply to the projector motor. It should therefore work with any projector with a 240V motor. The unit is supplied with tape capstans for synchronising a projector running at 16 fps to a tape recorder running at 33/4 ips or 7½ ips (not tested) and at 33/4 ips using perforated tape and a sprocketed capstan (to achieve lip sync). It is also supplied with several inching knob adapters for the mechanical connection to the projector and a shorting plug as an alternative to the switch fitted to the projector.

A small mounting screw has become detached inside the Synchrodek, but this does not affect its operation in any way. It is supplied with the unit. I have not attempted to replace it because I do not want to dismantle the unit.

The projector and synchroniser are offered only as a package. They have been tested as far as possible, but a full trial has not taken place as I do not have a reel-to-reel tape recorder. The items are located in Stratford-upon-Avon, UK.

I shall do my best to answer any questions.

Paul
    Your link above does not work, so I have found your eBay listing.
    Click below.
    Bell & Howell Moviemaster 635 standard 8mm projector with tape synchroniser | eBay

Comment

Thanks, noted.

Comment

Working...
      X