Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Eumig Super 8 sound projector

Hi looking for a Eumig 932 934 or 936.

Might even consider a 938 if at the lower end of the market price wise.

Would prefer something very little used and a nice quiet runner.

For a family member who knows very little about projectors. Well nothing really.

I can lend them my films with no worries if I can source them a nice one.

No panic or rush as things are still tough RE Covid, but looking for over the next few months.

I have`nt used a Eumig myself for a few years as all Elmo these days , but they seem a good easy to use kind to film machine.

Thanks Mark.

Hi Mark, I havent got a spare Eumig at the moment but do have an Agfa Sonector LS which has had very little use and have regularly checked that it is in full working order. It has a basic Baur mechanism and is a very quiet runner. I I did take it to Harpenden at £60 but it did not sell. Unfortunately, I am no longer able to take heavy stuff to cine fairs these days because of my age and I no longer drive, so it would be a question "buyer collects " these days. Let me know if you are interested. Ken Finch.

Comment

Hi Ken, that would be of interst as also an easy to use one and quiet.

But I`m flippin Miles away sadly though.

Maybe someone nearer is interested.

Thanks Mark.

Comment

I have several Eumig 8 series projectors available, but would prefer a physical inspection to make sure it suits ytiur requirements, as each owner is subjective about their machines. Ie what I think is good, you may deem poor. cheers

Comment

I was hoping to find something within 75 or so miles of Whitby or maybe just a bit further.

There is so little about up in this part of the country sadly.

All skint I suppose at the time. It is grim Oooppp North.

Post may be an option but I`ve heard so many horror stories this year, one involving an Elmo Xenon even !!!

One poor chap 2 projectors trashed.

But might be worth a try next year if things ease up.

Best wishes Mark.

Comment

Hi Mark

Never fussed on Eumigs as they are awkward to unthread and they scratch. You just don’t know about it until to show the film on another projector. Better off with an Elmo or Bell & Howell kinder to film. Sure you have loads of fish and chip shops in Whitby plus a few vampires 🧛‍♀️ What happens at 75 miles plus do you fall of the earth🙄

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Todd View Post
              ....I was hoping to find something within 75 or so miles of Whitby or maybe just a bit further....
              Mark
              I believe you live 95 miles from Cleethorpes. Why not see what Phil can offer you.
              Classic Home Cinema, high quality Cine Film, Cleethorpes

Comment

Hi Mauriice I did go to Phils in 2019 before Covid.

It was before the big changes they had there.

I do struggle in shops etc and he was very kind and nice.

I`m not desperate, just really struggle with 16mm now with a deteriorating neck etc, so was planning to move more back to 8mm now.

Since the Covid booster going wrong my right side is in a right old state, I can barely use my right arm so more of an issue now than before.

The sensible part of me looks at the 10 feet wide 3 or 4 times as good NEC LCD projector image and says wake up Mark !!!

But what can you do.

I often put the VP on then 20 minutes later get the filmie twitching and pop down stairs to put some of the real stuff on !!!

It is an affliction really, almost.

Best wishes Mark.

PS Mike I think you are probably right, I`ll stick out for an Elmo ST1200HD or a really nice ST600/ 180 elmo might be better now to be honest but I`d rather not go beyond £75- £100 for a 600 machine.

Comment

You're probably right to wait for a good Elmo. One of my new year resolutions is to buy no more projectors. At least in 2022. So that's one person not bidding you up next year.

You probably know this but I'll mention it for others. Try and get one with original packing. Better protection in transport. Also insist on Parcelforce. I assume they have fewer points of contact between dispatch and delivery. Also outside delivery label orientated so that the projector is the right way up. If in it's own case ask to fill the case with packing to prevent movement. Especially underneath, so not to break the plastic frame when the weight of the projector is drop rotated in it's box!

Best of luck and hopefully you get one local and pickup.

Comment

Hi Stuart I might still possibly want a simple machine for a family member, I have been offered a mint boxed LS Agfa for £50 I may get him but maybe luckily something held me back.

Should of bought the chinon 7500 I was offered possibly ?

Though no lens options. The Agfa though no front sprocket would take a better bauer lens.

I am thinking of giving him my older LCD projector ( 720P) and he just bought a Blu Ray player.

But only has a 28" TV !!!!

He used to come and watch super 8 with me when we were younger when I was single. That is going way back, although single again.

If I was giving good advice I`d say just do Blu Rays, don`t bother with 4K and use LCD or a 55" TV. hes going to be happy with anything after a 28".

I think for me I will work towards 2 minty boxed Elmo 600`s, ( has to be an Elmo here ) get some spares, especially the inlet shute`s and leave it at that for cine.

I can get them in and out of a cupboard too if careful.

Best Mark.

Comment

Dear Mark
                      I am very sorry to hear of your health problems. I do hope that you will be able to get a nice projector at a price suitable to you. I agree that there is something very attractive about a film projector. After all, I did work for fifty years as a cine projectionist. 😊

Comment

Within the selection of projectors we have available are a Bell & Howell 33SR, a Sankyo Sound 702 (Including additional Cineimascope Lens and bracket) I have some Eumigs but they are not fully serviced and ready to go yet.

As a UK Business any purchases are governed by the following,

1. Distance Buying - Anything brought remotely, (internet etc) is returnable for a full refund no questions asked with 7 days by law. (This is to allow you to inspect the item to ensure it is what was offered).

2. Any equipment sold is covered by a 3 month used equipment warranty. (Excluding Bulbs)

3. All items are sent via an insured courier delivery. (It is the sellers responsibility until you sign for it as good, if it arrives broken you need to contact the seller as it is down to them,not the courier)

I would point out that buying from private individuals you do not have these safeguards automatically.

You may end up paying a little bit more but you are buying piece of mind.

https://panchromatic.co.uk/

Nick

Click image for larger version

Name:	Green Smile.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	50083

Comment

Thanks Maurice, I should give up film really.

But what can you do !!!

If this crazy hobby gets you properly thats seemingly it.

50 years working as a projectionist is amazing !!!

Then all the years enjoying it at home as well.

I wonder how many hours of film you will of run in total ?

Or even feet of film !!! wow.

Anyway off to run " They Go Boom " !!! L+H Super 8 Perrys, a Christmassy start.

Best Mark.

PS thanks Nick too just missed your post, sent a message.

Comment

Hi Mark.

I've got three LS2 from Agfa and a Bauer T430. The T430 was a good find. Haven't used it much but never caused an issue. I've only used two of the three LS2s. I mention the Bauer and LS2s as the film path is the same. I assume the LS will be too. Silma based. It seems something has caused the pinch wheel mechanism on one LS2 to be stiff. I think grease but then I could be wrong and it could be impact crush.

£50 is a good price. I've bought many projectors that range in price from £10 to £100s. Often many of the same. For example, I have three Eumig 824s with over £100 between the cheapest and the most expensive. I can say, price doesn't mean anything. Nothing. That £50 Agfa could wuite easily be offered for £125.

https://panchromatic.co.uk/page16.html

I have bought from Nick and the Sankyo with CinemaScope Lens is a great offer.

I'm sure Nick would double and tripple check it and look after you as he has me.

Don't feel pressured and do know there's always another bargain next week.

All the best.

Comment

Mike, you must have incredibly bad luck with your Eumigs, as, though mine is really old and needing replacement, my 926 stereo has never, to my knowledge, ever laid down a scratch, unless it would've in the sprocket area, but that area doesn't matter anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                              X