Kodascope Model 30 Projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodascope Model 30 Projector

Hi everyone, just bought a Kodascope Model 30 projector to complement my Cine - Kodak Eight Model 20 camera. I'm wondering if there's an original or scan copy of the instruction manual available please? Any guidance on how to clean/maintain it with oil etc would be much appreciated.

This is my first foray into 8mm and cine film for 20 years. Feels great collecting again.

Many thanks,

Glenn

Glenn

I had a Kodascope 8 model 30 sometime in the 50s. Rather primitive, but did its job. I am sure that you know how the thread it.
    As regards lubrication you should find all the necessary oil holes are ringed with red paint. A few drops of light sewing machine oil every now and again should suffice.
    As it's now long in the tooth I trust that it has been rewired.
    Have fun.

Maurice

Comment

Cheers Maurice, yep all rewired and honkey dorey (didn't fancy plugging it into the light fitting!). Looks simple enough. I'll get hold of some sewing machine oil.

Looking forward to using my first 8mm equipment (used to collect 9.5mm).

Comment

Glenn

In the earlier days a lot of houses only had a power point in one room, if at all.

The overhead light fitting was used for most things, Woolworths used to sell a small item known as a heat and light adapter. This had a bayonet fitting plug to go into the light socket. It had two light socket outlets, one direct down and one at an angle. The body had a red push button which switched one socket on and off.

In use. a lamp went into one socket, and an accessory into the other socket controlled by the switch. The usual use was a small electric fire or an iron. When in use the lamp stayed on. (Or, you could connect each the other way, as required.)

This is why a lot of items like old film projectors were supplied with a bayonet cap plug.

Maurice

Comment

Hi Maurice, that's very interesting thanks. I've seen vintage films when the iron was plugged in such a way - The October Man (1947) is a very good example. Kay Walsh is using an iron in such a way and blows the fusebox. John Mills comes to the rescue!

Comment

I'm sure I remember my mum doing the ironing that way too, in the 1950's, no fuse trouble though.

Comment

Working...
            X