X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - Eumig Mark S 709

It's for a friend as I'm not buying any more projectors

Price ~ up to £50

Postage ~ I really don't want to spend as much again as the projector on postage, so this purchase will probably be UK only. Based on costs. I'm not keen on some couriers so thought I'd request ParcelForce as a preferred courier at £20. There are comparison sites that can lower this cost.

So price, including postage to my UK address £70 max. Really cheap if possible

I'm Cheadle Staffordshire and would prefer to collect but don't want to travel too far, say 50 mile radius.

Condition. Fully working and cosmetically pretty. All badges intact. I'd like the manual and other accessories as when new if possible, so boxed. Mainly though, a good unit with power lead and if possible, manual.

Why the 709? It's, as I've been advised, a valve amp model. For me it's an early 700 too. A partner to the 701 but unlike the 701, has dual gauge. The Eumig Mark S, the earlier one, also valve and being the first magnetic sound 8mm projector is it's forbear. But available as Standard 8 or later, Super 8 only and of course, not baring the 700 series naming. So the 709, just tick a box.

Thanks for reading and let's see if dreams really do come true

https://van-eck.net/en/spare-part-fi...Mark%20S%20709

Specs of 709 and manual if you get stuck

( I have sorted the B&H problem, should be with you today/Monday)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Attentive.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	52275 Nick
    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry Sankyo not B&H

Comment

All arrive safe and sound this morning. I know, Sunday. Hermes gets an A.

You get an A+ as usual Nick

May have a lead on a 709. Know more next week.

Comment

Stuart, when you do get a 709 would you please post a review on your thoughts about this machine here on the forum?

Comment

Will do Joseph. When I saw an additional post, I thought, "Oh! No!" Someone has found one for me and I've literary just picked one up. So I have found one. Not run any film through it yet but does power up with all lights working. Came with gates, sprockets and manual but no power lead. I've used one from a P8. Initial impression of just switching on. Classy!

I got a 709 as it appears to be a very early 700, just after the Eumig Mark S. As guided by posts on this forum, a valve amp compared to the 712 transistor amp.

Tomorrow I'll upload a video and run a film through as is, see what you think. Eric and his Bauer T22 video is very similar just with alternative clothing and a lamp missing. Here's Eric and his T22.

All Sorted, thank you ~ Found a local offering on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
            X