Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo film cleaner wanted

Hi there

im looking for an Elmo film cleaner or similar to add to me projector. Anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one from?

Scott,

The only Elmo Film Cleaner I know of is something similar to this:

This unit attaches to Elmo editor/viewers such as the 912, not to projectors. It does not work very well as a film cleaner since the small cleaning pads need to be replaced often.

Comment

Ah ok so this doesn’t attach to a projector I see. Was there anything made that can clean film well before it’s run through a projector? Also maybe this would be good before it goes through a scanner?

Comment

Scott,

When I first get a film, I clean it using FilmGuard applied to a cloth held between my thumb and forefinger while winding the film manually on rewinds.

Here's a review I did years ago of Roy Neil's Film-O-Clean, a cleaning unit that you can place either between rewinds or attach to your projector.

Comment

Wonderful! I just got some of that stuff. Thanks So much. I’ll read this now!

Comment

I just bought some FilmGuard and I do what Douglas does:

“When I first get a film, I clean it using FilmGuard applied to a cloth held between my thumb and forefinger while winding the film manually on rewinds.”

I found I inadvertently over-apply the FilmGuard to the extent that I can see bubbles on the projected film. My fix is to wipe the film with a dry cloth to remove the excess when rewinding the film on the rewinds. I’m still perfecting my technique.

Comment

Dave,

Use FilmGuard sparingly. A little bit definitely goes a long way. 1 ounce is enough to clean 12,000 feet of 35mm film.

Comment

Working...
              X