Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted 800ft capacity super 8mm sound projector.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted 800ft capacity super 8mm sound projector.

Hi im looking for a cheap super 8mm sound projector that can take 800ft spools sankyo 800 or similar .not intrested in elmos .if you have something let me know not looking to spend 100s£ on one just something to watch some 800ft films i need to check.
    thanks in advance .
    Nigel

Hi Nigel, I have an Agfa. LS for£60 which fits the bill.It has hardly had any use and is in its original box. I do give it a run now and again to check everything is still o.k. You have been here in the past and would be welcome to collect it from me. Be aware though that I am on holiday for a week from Saturday. Ken Finch.😊

Comment

I thought the Sonector LS was only 600ft (180m) capacity not 800ft.

Comment

super 8 database, agfa sonector ls2 (filmkorn.org)
        180 metre spool capacity (590.6ft).

Comment

The one I have. Has an 800ft take up reel. I checked and it is the maximum size the machine will take. Ken Finch.

Comment

Sorry Getting senile in my old age it is 600ft not 800. Ken Finch😔

Comment

Here are some Super 8 sound projectors which are/were in my collection. These are capable of using 800ft spools.

Sankyo Sound 702
              Sankyo Sound 800
              Bell & Howel DCT
              Yelco DS-800M​
              Bauer T40 Sound
              Bauer T510 Stereo
              Bauer T502 Automatic Duoplay
              Elmo GS-800M
              Eumig S938
              Eumig S932
              Bolex SM8
              Cineton P800 Double-Track Transfer

Please note. They are not for sale. 😡

Comment

Sankyo 702 is a 180m capacity so not suitable, if it has the rear film path off the 800 machine then a 800ft reel could be used, Mark

Comment

Most Sankyos including the 301 can take 800ft rear spools if you cut a bit off the edit chute for the film. My 301 does the feed spool is OK without modification.

Comment

Thanks all i think i have something now.

Comment

What did you end up getting? I was going to recommend the Sankyo 600. Of course then Eumig 700 & 800 series are good choices also.

Comment

Again, Janice, the Eumig 700 and 800 series are only 600ft machines I have one from both series.

Comment

Brian Fretwell You are right. When I saw Ken Finch had changed his reply to 600 ft I confused it with Nigel's request. It's hard to keep entries straight sometimes with my chemo brain 😜

Comment

Working...
                          X