No announcement yet.

Beaulieu Studio 708 for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Alan perhaps a bit too much with our hobby these days.

The last parting gesture for my own 708 before it left my hands was to replace both plastic spool retainers as these have a habit of cracking. 2 X 50 euro I seem to remember back then. I see these are now 169 each! A nice projector but I think its best to be aware of the possible running costs of any top end machine particularly when huge reels of film are resting on a plastic mount.

Comment

Oh, those awful plastic spool retainers. What a let-down on a fabulous projector.

Maurice

Comment

It’s obvious that the reel holders are a flaw. But all You have to do is NOT using metal reels with a metal core. The aluminium reels with plastic core (Posso reels, Elmo reels) are perfect. I was told to use them from the beginning and so I never had a problem.

Comment

Oliver, I believe that large spools (700mt/2300ft) with plastic core are rare. That said, I use metallic core spools and, so far had no problem, neither (the only trouble I had is that some core spools were too tiny and I had to file a little bit).

Comment

Dominique
            They are not that rare. You can find ELMO reels regularly on eBay. And also Possos come up here and then. At the moment there are several Posso reels on ebay.de!

A metal core can damage & destroy the reel holder.

Comment

I believe Dominique is referring to "Large" reels, meaning over 1200ft. And he is correct - that size reel is pretty rare as large reel machines were not the norm for consumers. Only the Beaulieu and Fumeo could accommodate them. I have a Beaulieu 2300ft reel from the factory. Beautiful and it does have a plastic core.

Comment

Yes, Alan and Oliver, I was refering to capacities over 360 mt/1200 fr.

Comment

Working...
                X