Looking for Projector to run Super 8 Reels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Projector to run Super 8 Reels

Got loads of old super 8 films of my parents and grandparents that I would love to watch but old Kodak Projector not working. Purchased another off eBay that said it had been tested and working when it arrived it didn’t work so out of pocket, looking to see if anyone on here can help and has a tested and working projector to run super 8 reels. Don’t want to be paying too much as already out of pocket

Hi Derek I do have a Bolex 18/5 silent projector but only 400 feet reel size with Halogen 75W lamp you are welcome too.

I`d appreciate the post if you can, but I won`t be able top post until next week, or maybe even early January might be better in January anyway with the goings on.

I`ll need to ask Family to source some boxes etc and they are very tied up at present.

Best wishes Mark.

Comment

Hi Derek
      I may be able to help but need a few questions answered - what are the reel size you are trying to view? Do the films have sound? Where in the UK are you located?
      I may have several options for you to borrow long term until you are in a better position to either fix what you have purchased from Ebay or purchase a replacement.
      regards
      Joe

Comment

Derek, are you sure your films are super 8 and not standard 8 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Dower View Post
          Hi Derek
          I may be able to help but need a few questions answered - what are the reel size you are trying to view? Do the films have sound? Where in the UK are you located?
          I may have several options for you to borrow long term until you are in a better position to either fix what you have purchased from Ebay or purchase a replacement.
          regards
          Joe
          Hi located just outside Glasgow.
          The majority of reel are the smaller 75mm dia reels with only a couple of the larger 180mm dia reels.
          My mum passed away a couple of weeks ago and I know she is on most of these with my grandparents, hence the reason I am trying to get to see them and get a working projector. When I found them in the attic they were with a Kodak Telematic M80 projector but it doesn't seem to pick up the reel. Thats why I purchased the one off ebay but typical it doesn't work either so back to square one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominique De Bast View Post
            Derek, are you sure your films are super 8 and not standard 8 ?
            I am told they are super 8, quick google search to see difference they seem to be super 8

Comment

Derek
              Have a look at my attachment. It shows a drawing of Super 8 and 8mm frames. 8mm is now called standard 8, and in some countries, regular 8.
              Comparing 8mm to Super 8 Film Guide | ScanCafe

Comment

The Kodak M80 projector played regular 8 and Super 8 films. If the film reels you have fit on the take-up spindle, they are likely Super 8. The spindle holes on Super 8 reels are large enough that you can almost get your little finger in the hole. Regular 8 spindle holes are much smaller...about the size of a number 2 lead pencil. What do you mean when you said the M80 would not pick up the reel?

Comment

Working...
                X