Tobin TVT-8 Telecine Machine for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tobin TVT-8 Telecine Machine for Sale

Hello. I am selling my Tobin Video Transfer (TVT-8) Sprocketed Telecine Transfer Machine. It does both 8mm and Super 8mm. The machine has only been used for 8.6 hours. It has a couple of superficial, but noticeable scratches on the film gate's metal surface (it's also missing a knob on that same place). However, it was superficial anyway as the front gate still opens nicely without it, lol. Aside from those two minor instances, the telecine's working and cosmetic condition is excellent. Not in original box, but does come with original materials and instructional manual (i.e. PDF printout from telecine's website). For price, I'm asking $2,500 and I'll accept either check or Paypal. I'll offer to pay for the shipping cost if the buyer lives in the United States (though not if he/she lives out of the country). I've attached a Dropbox link for pictures.
    Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Urbanski Film have Manuals for Tobin Telecine Machines, also they do Service & Repairs see

https://www.urbanskifilm.com/tobinmanuals.html

Comment

May I ask how I edit my listing/post above? Unlike regular posts on this forum, it doesn't seem to have an edit button.
      Last edited by Brian Hoyle; December 29, 2022, 01:56 PM.

Comment

The edit button is only there for a short time for people to correct typos seen at once. It disappears very quickly, after that you cannot edit. It seems to be a function of the new forum software.

Comment

Well, a little update here then: I've replaced the knob with a new one.

Comment

Update: I have not gotten any bids so I've decided to lower the selling price to $2,000.

Comment

anyone knows if this model dose transfer audio, thank you

Comment

Sorry. This machine does NOT do audio. Since 8mm and Super 8mm have always been silent, there has been no need to. You're probably thinking of 16mm.

Comment

There were many Super 8 sound recording cameras, so Super 8 has not always been silent. Standard 8 has also been post synced from tapes recorded during filming too.

Comment

I would suggest a sample transfer done with this machine..... perhaps, upload your transfer to youtube and post a link?

Comment

Here is a link for a sample (https://www.dropbox.com/s/94k4jepxm7...ample.avi?dl=0). To be clear, this machine is for SD not HD transfer. A lot of people have been asking me or rejecting me because apparently everyone wants HD now...that I didn't even know was possible with consumer 8mm, lol. So with that in mind I'm lowering my asking price to $1,500.

Comment

hi, is your unit scenes every Fraim or it plays like regular projector? and hows the output?

Comment

It plays like a real time projector when transferring with the ability to adjust speeds of 18 or 24 frames per second. It has an RCA 'yellow' jack on the side for video output.​

Comment

Working...
                          X