Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Bolex 18-5L with halogen lamp

Hi all,
    I’m looking for a Bolex 18-5L Super 8mm projector with the halogen lamp as a “backup” to the one I currently own. I’ve casually checked eBay, but it seems they either have the old, hard-to-find “Spaceman” bulb, or the sellers are asking an unrealistic price. Anyone here have one for sale or know of a decent eBay offering? Thanks!

Side note: I have a Regular 8mm 18-5 (with spaceman bulb) that I’m willing to part with in trade. Maybe not exactly a fair trade, but I figured I’d put it out there.

If you are offering a spaceman 18-5 in trade for a halogen, I have the feeling you don't want to pay much for the 18-5L. What in your mind is a realistic price for one?

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Fritz View Post
      If you are offering a spaceman 18-5 in trade for a halogen, I have the feeling you don't want to pay much for the 18-5L. What in your mind is a realistic price for one?
      I just threw that out there. I'd be willing to pay around $100 for an 18-5L (with halogen bulb) depending on condition. eBay prices are all over the place. I've seen a few for under $50, some between $100-$200. One seller wants $595! Crazy! https://www.ebay.com/itm/25602233479...Bk9SR9DM9L-QYg

Comment

The best indicator is to see what they sold for, not what they are asking. Around 100.00 would be very fair but you will likely pay around 40 for shipping.

Comment

Just bought one via private sale. In the original packaging too. Sweet!
          Last edited by Dave Bickford; September 19, 2023, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Update: Scam. Luckily, no payments were processed. Lesson learned! 🤬

Comment

Working...
            X