Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moviestuff Sniper HDL Auto-Sync Scanstream 8mm transfer system (with PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moviestuff Sniper HDL Auto-Sync Scanstream 8mm transfer system (with PC)

Finally decided to sell my reliable backup transfer system. It transfers both regular and super 8mm films with great quality.
    This is one of the older Moviestuff units and does NOT come with backup support from the manufacturer as it is part of the large discontinued line.
    I've broken this into two major components: (1) the Sniper capture unit and (2) the computer and software. The capture unit comes with the ability to operate in two modes: a lens-to-lens mode using a special 16mm lens or a lens-to-frame gate mode using a Raynox macro lens.

This is a unit that I've modified using a Canon Vixia HV30 Hi-Def camcorder and two different modes as described above, so it is slightly different than the original unit. I will provide full documentation on how to use the system.

Here are the specs:

Capture Unit
    Moviestuff Sniper HDL Auto-Sync ScanStream unit
    Wollansak Sunray 107 lens for lens-to-lens capture
    Canon Vixia HV30 Hi-Def camcorder
    Metal camcorder storage case
    Raynox Super Macro Conversion Lens DCR-250
    42mm extension tube with 37mm step-down ring
    (for lens-to-lens capture to minimize external light)
    Price: $650 plus shipping.

Capture PC
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit PC with ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z Mobo
    16GB Ram Memory
    I7-2600k Intel processor
    Compact HAF XB Case
    Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
    Speakers (2)
    Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti graphics card
    Black Magic Intensity Pro Capture Card
    1 - 110GB C:\ SSD Hard Drive
    1 – 1TB SSD Hard Drive (Capture)
    2 – 1TB Storage Hard Drives
    Moviestuff Cinecap Velocity HD capture software (installed on PC)
    Full instructions, modified for actual unit
    Backup documentation for all components stored on PC
    No monitor included.
    Price: $600 plus shipping.

If you want to purchase both units, the price is $1,100 plus shipping.

The link below shows captures using both the lens-to-lens and lens-to-film gate modes:

Moviestuff Sniper Demo Capture - YouTube

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02103.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.2 KB ID:	87928 Click image for larger version  Name:	System - computer 1 notes.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.0 KB ID:	87929 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02064.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.8 KB ID:	87930 Click image for larger version  Name:	System - Sniper with macro lens notes.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.9 KB ID:	87931 Click image for larger version  Name:	System - Sniper with macro lens.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.7 KB ID:	87932 Click image for larger version  Name:	New Movie (7).Movie_Snapshot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.9 KB ID:	87933 Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture digram - Sniper.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.3 KB ID:	87934 Click image for larger version  Name:	System - Sniper with lens-to-lens notes.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.1 KB ID:	87935 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2971.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.0 KB ID:	87936

Full disclosure: I've upgraded this to Windows 10 and it works great. The only two irritations are (1) you'll need to keep your speaker volume low because there is some type of audio feedback (could be the speakers I'm using), and (2) during the first 1-2 seconds of capture there is some flickering of the capture while it tries to sync. I've resolved this by using 2-3 feet of some old film as a leader. Once it syncs, it is fine.

I've owned multiple generations of Moviestuff systems over the years and this was one of their best "older generation" systems in my opinion.

I've never sold anything on this forum before, so I need to get comfortable with the process. So, please, only serious inquiries.​ Only will ship to verified domestic addresses. Please PM me for questions.

​Thanks for considering.

Tom

Forgot to mention that this is a "frame-by-frame" capture system that has multiple, flexible output file types including BMP individual frames if desired.
    Tom

Comment

Will also consider reasonable offers before I go to eBay to sell.
      Thanks
      Tom

Comment

Also, will provide a half-day training session for buyer who can pick this up at my location (McCormick, SC).

Comment

This item is no longer available.

Comment

Working...
          X