X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back (said Freddy Krueger...)

Dear fellow collectors,
    It's a long time I'm not among you.
    Friends, even if only virtual, do not abandon each other. For what it's worth, know that they haven't been easy years. Complaining about having been a Senator of the Italian Republic may seem excessive, but I assure you that if I could go back I would not agree to run. I won't add further. we Italians are famous for telling too much about our private lives. if an Englishman asks another Englishman how are you, the other replies "fine thanks" even if the alligator is mauling him while his plane is crashing. if an Italian asks another Italian how are you, the other responds by showing his colonoscopy. πŸ€“
    These months remain very busy for me. But I needed to find my hobby again to make my days happier.
    luckily an old collector asked me to review his xenon Elmo gs1200 Xenon
    On this occasion I made a bitter discovery. Two years ago I moved to a new house. I personally carried all the film material from one home
    ​​to another. everything should be in its place and instead... a box was lost. Disappeared. And in that box were the last Xenon lamps I still had from the last order more ten years ago.
    I won't hide from you that I also had difficulty contacting the company. At first I wrote via their public email. but their response was "sorry we don't have this lamp in the catalog" (but I had explained I need a special production ...).
    Then luckily I found the telephone number of the manager I came into contact with ten years ago. not only did he remember me but he still had the technical drawings on file.
    the new lamps are now here in my house.
    I was foresighted. In addition to a new personal supply I ordered some more. Write to me privately and I will indicate the payment methods and we will agree on the shipping methods.
    Happy to work again on these wonderful machines...​Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2024-02-02-08-57-21-225_com.facebook.katana.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.6 KB ID:	95489

The new lamps.
    on the right the"old" genuine Toshiba.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2024-02-02-09-04-04-402_com.miui.gallery.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	95492Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2024-01-25-16-25-41-466_com.facebook.orca.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	95491

Comment

If you have a Xenon Elmo you should jump on this opportunity. I contacted Superior Quartz here in the USA and they have never gotten back to me on getting a bulb from their run of their Xenon bulb clones. I was lamenting at having the GS becoming a heavy door stop but now at least in the bulb department I’m sorted! Thank you Ugo!

Comment

I had a long chat via email with the SQ. I think that clones are defective. The arc between the electrodes isn't steady. It means the light point focus changes his position and so the light on the screen dances.
        Second: after the first switch on, further strikes are hard and the lamp doesn't start.
        The clones of this other factory is perfect. I think better then the genuine Toshiba.
        And I think this last stock better then the ten years ago products. I wrote to the chief.

Q. Hello mister, the lamps are excellent. I've got a curiosity. Compared to the lamps produced ten years ago, has there been an improvement in production? for example different and better gases in the ampoule? They seem brighter than the previous ones (already excellent) or is it just my impression?

His answer.
        Hi Ugo
        Yes. We have better improvement on technology and materials.

Comment

Great you're back, Ugo!

Comment

Ugo,

It's wonderful to have you back here. Thank you for getting these lamps into production again.

Comment

Glad you're back. The Gs you sold me still works great. if you intend to refurbish a xenon one I am interested

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno Heughebaert View Post
                Glad you're back. The Gs you sold me still works great. if you intend to refurbish a xenon one I am interested
                For this I'm very happy!!! :-)
                About the Xenon...
                I'm ready... if you have a Xenon. But at this point to find one of that is very hard...

Comment

Welcome Back Ugo!

Comment

Working...
                  X