Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 7 inch take up reel that will fit a Eumig Mark 501 projector

As the header says:

Looking for a 7 inch take up reel that will fit a Eumig Mark 501 projector.

Please let me know if you have one that would be suitable.

Thanks;
    Rudy

Hi!

a) It looks like your projector is a multi-format one (see photo below). So it looks like you can buy both Super8- and Normal8-reels. (Super8 and Single8 are the same when it comes to projector-reels. Normal8 is sometimes also called „8mm“, Regular8 or Standard8.) Before buying anything, please check the plate under the pick-up-reel on your projector! Some of the Eumig-projectors have been available in two versions under the same name (one version only for „Super8+Single8“ and one for „Super8+Single8+Standard8“)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	0F5DD61E-8177-40CA-BC01-0D1168FF51F7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	16.9 KB ID:	96181

b) Reels aren’t „labeled“ by their diameter (unless you are a Chinese company). Instead, they are „named“ after the amount of film they can take. So you would need a 120m-reel. As you are living in a British colony: That’s 400 of King Charles‘ feet.

When nobody is answering, then simply check eBay, Etsy, … . Super8-reels are still produced. So you might even find them in your local photo store. (And there are pre-owned or 3d-printed adapters that turn Super8-reels into Standard8-reels.)

Good luck!
    Jörg

Comment

The take up reel is always a Super 8 one on this projector as it has the larger spindle, a standard 8 one won't fit.

Comment

Further to Brian’s reply, you should find that on the feed spool spindle the super 8 bush is removable so that a standard 8 spool will fit. Also all films should be fed from the front of the spool. I mention this because I have found that some silent and home movie films had been used on projectors which fed the films from the rear of the spool. The earlier silent Eumigs being an example.

Comment

Working...
        X