Pathescope GEM 8mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathescope GEM 8mm

Hi, I saw that you might be able to find a Pathescope GEM 8mm projector. I am interested in buying one. Can you help me? Thanks

The GEM is a 9.5mm projector? Maybe post a "wanted" in the 9.5mm section.
    Or did they ever produce an 8mm model, as well?

Comment

There was a 8mm Gem I have seen one from Grahame Newman Web Site
      The Gem was manufactured in 8mm, 9.5mm and 16mm versions but Board of Trade restrictions meant most original production (especially 8mm) had to be exported. (Launched at British Industries Fair and described in Feb 1948 ACW and 'second look' June 1949 ACW). Typical serial numbers: 8128, 9053, 11646

Comment

The 8mm version (Mk V111) was now fitted with the new 8 volt 50 watt lamp, but with Pathe 'T' base. The 9.5mm (Mk 1X) and 16mm (Mk XV1) models still had the A1/156 12 volt 100 watt lamp again with the Pathe 'T' base. The lenses now had a normal front piece, but were better quality Dallmeyer products - 32mm f2 on the 9.5mm model. It accepted up to 250metre / 900 foot spools and had a variable speed series wound motor. (Sadly the lovely styling of the 'Gem' was lost in this quick fix relaunch.) I think someone had thought they could make a 'reverse run' work, but in the end the extra switch was labelled 'rewind' and just shorted out the motor speed resistor!

Comment

Working...
        X