Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A copy of Cameron's Titanic available................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A copy of Cameron's Titanic available................

Hello everyone.

I have recently ordered a copy of this movie from this seller. I will have it by the end of January.

If you are interested in another copy, I can vouge for the seller. Good communications, everything seems to be going fine, etc.

I must be clear I am NOT selling this print. Based on lab formatting, 2 prints 16mm wide split and perfed, he had to make two copies to make the one for me. So, he has an extra one to sell. He is doing everything for the print copy. You will receive a print fully ready for screening.

Order your copy through the seller at the Ebay link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TITANIC-Jam...kAAOSw4zJd~q3F

WOW! In less than an hour after posting the above message apparently it is no longer available did anyone here purchase it congratulations if you did!

Comment

yes I was going to treat myself for christmas! Well done who ever got it!

Comment

This movie can be made if anyone is interested reach out to me and I can provide contact information

Comment

Steve Osborne at The Reel Image can also order brand new prints of this film...and many others

Comment

Wow nearly $2000 for a single super 8 feature, albeit a long one .

Comment

Might be worth keeping an eye on this if you can`t go to that level.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Titanic-3D-...oAAOSweHtd7L3G

Best Mark.

Comment

Finally on February 3 my print arrived from Spain and it is absolutely gorgeous at this point I have only inspected it on the rewind bench and will be screening it tonight one thing that surprised me is it has the old-fashioned light brown magnetic stripe instead of liquid laminate or charcoal gray which sometimes pours in a little sloppy

Stay tuned folks I'll be telling you more about it in the coming days for those who like to run with twin projectors such as myself the 10 Reels have the official standard cinema lab Q marks at the end of every reel and the color is absolutely outstanding with standard countdown leaders

Comment

Monday evening February 3, 2020

I have screened my copy of Titanic and it is perhaps one of the best films in my collection. Not just for the story and acting, but the quality of the mastering.

From a 35mm print - they must have snagged a new copy because there's no signs of any use of the release print. If I understand this right - 35mm positive cinema print is used to make a 16mm inter-negative - then the positive prints are struck, slit, striped, and dubbed. Well, the 35mm original release print was a minty copy.

Being one as I have said who does changeovers - the original lab cues were all perfect. The timing couldn't have been better.

Printed on 10 X 400 foot reels (coming from 10 X 2000' reels in 35mm)

Light brown (old fashioned) magnetic striping for both balance and main stripes.

Absolute clean leaders from the master copy 35mm print. All leaders clear and easy to identify.

The dubbing was fantastic. The best sound I've heard since Derran's copy of Fantasia 2000.

There are at least two vendors selling this movie. If you like the story and/or James Cameron's work - this is a must have for your collection, if you can afford the price.

This should not be considered a review of this movie - but more a follow up to my order, and waiting for it to arrive.

Kind regards,

Chip G

Comment

Chip ...

Was this a Kodak Vision print or one of those acetate yellowish prints?

I once had a 400ft bit from one of these scope print, but it was on acetate and while it had OK color, that acetate gave the color a less than desireable quality, but that's just me.

Comment

I don't know. Color looks great the print is mylar-polyester

Comment

Working...
                      X