Wanted: The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

I'm looking for part two of Derann's 2 x 400ft cut down of The Treasure of the Sierra Madre if anyone has one for sale.

Thanks!

John!

-Accept no print that does not include the "Stinking Badges" scene!

Comment

The Derann 2X400' release of Treasure of the Sierra Madre unfortunately does not include this Classic scene. It is however a fine digest that is cleverly edited to highlight the premise of the film : what greed does to man, and the better we are without it.

Comment

No! -at the end of the day we really DO need "stinking badges"!

I was on a business trip with a couple of friends once. There we were with the rest of the people from the plane. It was a good ten minutes and the baggage conveyor was still motionless.

One guy said: "Where the hell is the baggage?"
        Another said: "We don't need no steenkin' baggage!"

-it's just that culturally significant!

Comment

Having not seen the film (apart from the first 400ft cut down), I'm a little lost here!

Comment

There is an iconic scene in Treasure of the Sierra Madre that is so over the top that it's become more famous than the whole rest of the film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OcM23Hbs5U

To me, this is much less a Mexican stereotype than an Actor chewing the scenery. (I used to work in Mexico: never met anybody there like this!). "Stinking Badges" is such a catch-phrase you keep hearing it pop up, even from people that don't know the movie.

It's kind of like this for me: you watch almost 800 feet of the Derann "Mad, Mad, Mad World" cut-down and get to the very end, they clipped off Ethel Merman slipping on the banana peel and falling on her butt. After enduring that character for the whole movie, the audience has kind of earned that moment and I felt a little disappointed they left it out!

Note: I have taken this off-topic. Even if it was well intentioned, I shouldn't have!
            Last edited by Steve Klare; July 30, 2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

We're recovering from our near terminal rta but I enjoyed reading this wanted thread as I've been looking for a good 2 reeler as well for some time.
              As a stop gap the Arrow bluray is excellent.

I had a dear friend and film maker who was so passionate about these warner 2x400 releases and he used to project them for us quite often in the 90s really nice times and memories.

Keep looking John film.wants eventually turn up although I have a feeling this was not a hot seller for Derann.

Comment

John, Lee's suggestions are what I would recommend. This Film classic must be seen in its entirety. Continue your hunt for part 2 of the Derann 2X400' . Always nice to complete a release. In this thread there is an odd reel post.
                Perhaps posting your request there will bring more opportunity to find reel 2. The 2 reeler is a good one but still leaves much of the best of this film in the editors bin. My recommendation : watch the Full feature on DVD or Bluray. Amazing! Steve Osborne at The Reel Image
                is able to provide the full length feature in Super 8 too! Good luck with your search!

Comment

Working...
                X