X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALIEN for sale

Not mine but I'm sure there will be interest:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alien-1979-...kAAOSwq5FfNADL

Yes someone in the U.S.A. could be lucky, anyone from the rest of the world will have to sit on there hands this time, as he only sells in the U.S., so cutting the market like that may mean a more reasonable price for the U.S. collectors

Comment

Sold for $1084.00 us dollars

Comment

And the big winner is: EBAY!!!

Comment

You said it Joe! I am sure the seller was expecting more as the last eBay Alien print sold for Quite a lot more. Thanks Larry, for including these links.
          I often miss out on these when sellers don't offer shipping to Canada...

Comment

Wow that's a lot of money....I would have to be........

Comment

So....I am selling a 200' version of ALIEN on eBay and in COLOR. But sadly the color has faded where it is mostly Red/Pink now. My question is - how in the world do you have a film like this probably from 1980 or so and the COLOR still be decent? I stored mine in my smoke free home in a closet and I STILL had the fading....

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Hamilton View Post
                So....I am selling a 200' version of ALIEN on eBay and in COLOR. But sadly the color has faded where it is mostly Red/Pink now. My question is - how in the world do you have a film like this probably from 1980 or so and the COLOR still be decent? I stored mine in my smoke free home in a closet and I STILL had the fading....
                It's not your fault as although there are prints from this time that have not faded - generally AGFA or Fuji - it was only from late 1982 that Kodak Eastman became low fade LPP. So basically, anything printed from 1983 onwards should generally be be low fade, irrespective of manufacturer, although there are exceptions as labs were sometimes finishing off whatever they previously had in stock.

Comment

The original post was about a Derann full feature released well after the switch, in UK labs, to LPP and Agfa.

Comment

Philip, I don't think smoke has any influence on filmstock colours.

Comment

Dominique,

I agree. I would still prefer to purchase a film from a smoke free home as I've had projectors and films that came from a very tobacco friendly environment and years later the cigarette smell is still there!

Comment

Is the 200ft of Alien the ending in the shuttle?

Comment

Phillip,

The 200' version is basically the first half of the digest ending with the chestburster scene.

Comment

That's the first time I heard that, Doug. Being a non smoker, I would be bothered by that. That said, I have never seen an ad in Europe with the mention "from a smoke free home". That may arrive eventually since some US habits are adopted here several years after in America

Comment

I never understood why people put "From a smoke free home" either. Till I received a laptop that reeked of smoke from Ebay. I put it in a bag with dryer sheets to stop the smell but it didn't work. Finally took it to Apple to see if they could help. They replaced the top case and the keyboard and asked if I 'smoked' all day long. There were tiny ashes everywhere inside and some components looked like bad lung tissue from a chain smoker. It helped but it still smelled. I ended up selling it and advertised ,"From a Smoke Filled home"! And it sold to..a smoker!

Comment

Working...
                              X