Ken Films IT CONQUERED THE WORLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Films IT CONQUERED THE WORLD

I just picked up what I thought was a SILENT 200' version of this film. But, it has a magnetic stripe across from the sprocket holes on this Super 8mm digest. I don't own a sound projector.

Does anyone know if in face Ken Films released IT CONQUERED THE WORLD on a SOUND digest? The box does not indicate that is is Sound or Silent. Thanks.

Philip,

Ken Films released both silent and sound versions of It Conquered the World. The "Sound" sticker on the box often falls off.

Comment

OK that explains it It's a SOUND version. Thanks !!

Comment

Philip do you want to sell that copy? I will buy it.

Comment

Information Technology CONQUERED THE WORLD??!!!

WELL! No wonder it took them so long to fix my laptop!

SORRY! (-Carry on!)

Comment

Steve

At least it's fixed!

Comment

OK thanks for all of the input. I sold this on ebay. The buyer SAYS it is silent because it has super imposed titles. BUT there is a magnetic strip. Is it possible that a magnetic strip would be put on a silent movie from KEN FILMS? This is really odd. Not sure what to think. I have no sound projector so I do not know.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	it2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.2 KB ID:	18664
              Last edited by Philip Hamilton; October 14, 2020, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	it.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	18666

Comment

Is it possible that a magnetic strip would be put on a silent movie from KEN FILMS? He said he ran it through his ELMO and no sound.... Weird.

Comment

I don't know about Ken, but I do have a silent 400ft film from Mountain that is striped (no balance stripe though), Mighty Joe Young. I wonder if they are just lab mistakes, not remembering to not stripe batches.

Comment

My Thunderbird 7 reel print of the feature "The Birth of a Nation " has dual magnetic stripes which are currently mute. That being said It wouldn't surprise me to find other silent features printed on pre-striped stock. Ken may have released their silent sub-titled version in this way. If the Print displays subtitles it should be classified as a silent print.

Comment

Working...
                      X