• Show
Clear All

• Once Upon a Time in the West Scope

This Guy in Spain is making New Super 8 Print lovely colour

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Once-Upon-a...gAAOSwnolfV4KP

Comment

The price is ... Wow!

Comment

1750 dollars = 1470 €. Ebay commission + paypal commission + commission for currency exchange.
        Hopefully the seller has just 1200 € left. And this movie is worth more. Bad business selling on ebay.

Comment

Sounds like digitally printed to film. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Comment

I asked if it was printed from a negative and the reply was: ‘Yes, absolute negative print.‘ I guess I should have asked if the print was sourced from a digital file. Anyone else care to ask? 😉

Comment

Personally, with prices like this now id go to a blu ray and project onto the home screen, and the quality these days is excellent. Not the same i know but ten to fifteen pounds for a BR or 1700 for an 8mm print that will be prone to damage depending on your projector.
              i will add that the 8mm print would be fantastic to own but there are limits and this is way beyond the limit.
              Last edited by Tom Photiou; September 10, 2020, 01:52 PM.

Comment

It could be a dream come true for a collector who is looking for this masterpiece for years.

Comment

Agree 100%, but i guess at that price it would be out of reach for many. For my own thoughts, there are always limits to what i would pay for any movie. There are many titles i would love to own but there comes a point where to pay these sums it becomes insane and the hobby an obsession just to own it. For most of its time it will be sat on a shelf.

Comment

You are absolutely right.
                    But it’s a long feature and I imagine the polyester material alone to be very precious.

Comment

My prints of Titanic & Jurassic Park came from him. About the same price. Gorgeous!

Comment

Clearly there is still a limited market.

Comment

I'm so glad that I was able to buy all of my Derran and otherwise features 20 years ago, when prices were affordable.

Comment

You are lucky Osi. For young person like me (27 years old), we didn't get the chance to live the golden age of super8. Now, We have to be rich or very lucky to find great super8 full feature.

Comment

Isn't this print also available to order from a well known dealer.

Comment

Working...
                              X