Independent 8 October Bonus List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independent 8 October Bonus List

Well here's the Bonus list I promised. This list runs until October 31st 2020.

The Sword of Monte Cristo 2x400’ Col Sound New & Sealed £40 OB Portland Films double album of this 1951 romantic swashbuckler starring George Montgomery & Rita Corday
    SOLD - Cops 400’ B/W Silent B+ £25 OB Perry’s Movies print of this 1922 Buster Keaton comedy short, Buster suffers a series of mishaps that leads to a whole city Police Force chasing him
    The Flying Deuces 400’ B/W Sound B+ £25 OB This is a rare U.S. Import of this Niles Film extract from the Laurel & Hardy comedy, it starts with the boys in Jail awaiting execution
    SOLD - Blockade 400’ B/W Sound B/B+ £20 Rare Perry’s digest of this 1938 drama starring Madeleine Carroll & Henry Fonda set during the Spanish Civil War
    Hollywood and the Stars – The Immortal Jolson 2x400’ B/W Sound B+ STD.8 £35 Narrated by Joseph Cotton this looks at the life and films of Al Jolson, many clips included
    The Gay Divorcee 600’ B/W Sound B+ £40 Fine double album of this classic 1934 comedy musical starring Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers, fine music and dance, well edited too!
    The Fabulous Dorseys 400’ B/W Sound£17 Nice digest of this 1947 Biopic looking at the lives of the 2 Dorsey Brothers, played by themselves as well, fine big band music included
    From Soup to Nuts 400’ B/W Silent £20 OB Laurel & Hardy comedy short from 1928, the Boys are hired as waiters for a swanky party, unfortunately they know nothing about the job
    Tango of Perversion 5x400’ Col Sound B+/B £75 OB F/L P.M. Films print of this violent 1974 thriller set in Greece. A man secretly films his friend a night club owner having sex, but one night things go wrong and a woman is murdered, and filmed, made in 1974, this shows the seedy side of some of the club scenes at that time, there’s plenty of twists and turns, and it’s very watchable, even with the violence on show. Unfortunately this film suffers from Red Bias, which has always been featured in this print (I had one myself, back in the day, exactly the same now as then), some parts of the film are much better than others, but this is the way it was made, and it is a very rare title nowadays
    Evergreen 600’ B/W Sound B+ £40 OB Fine P.M. Films digest of this 1934 musical starring Jessie Matthews as a famous music hall star with a secret, nice print too!
    Slap Shot 2x400’ Col Sound B+ £25 OB Superbly edited Paul Newman Ice Hockey comedy, with some very adult language, the print has slight fade, but not to bad!
    SOLD - Hoppity Goes to Town 4x400’ Col Sound B+/B £75 This is an imported Red Fox print of this 1940 Fleischer animated feature set in the world of Buggsville, the populace learns that the Humans are going to build a new skyscraper on their town, can anything be done! The colour is a little on the muted side but far superior to the Derann prints, rare import!
    SOLD - The African Queen 2x800’ & 1x600’ Col Sound B+ £80 F/L American import from the late 1970’s of this famous 1951 Adventure story starring Katherine Hepburn & Humphrey Bogart and directed by John Huston. The colour is typically late 1970’s it’s OK but nothing special, but very acceptable for the age of the print, and it is the F/L print, after all!
    Room Service Trl. 50’ B/W Sound B+/B £17 Rare trailer to this riotous Marx Bros. comedy from 1938

SOLD - The Hindenburg 200’ B/W Sound B+/B £25 Imported Blackhawk Films print of this Movietone News documentary made in 1936 about the infamously doomed Airship, we see it being built in the German yard, with plenty more footage, boy this is rare in the U.K.
    George Formby Reel 200’ B/W Sound B+/B £20 This reel contains the sequence from the Paramount News reel from 1947 with Formby as a judge at a beauty contest, then we see him sing a few songs from the ‘George Formby Souvenir’ reel, one for Formby fans!
    Pathe News Review of 1964 200’ B/W Sound B+ £25 OB Derann print of this news round up from 1964, we see Donald Campbell set a new water speed record, Indianapolis 500 pile up, Harold Wilson wins the Election, the Queen opens the Firth of Forth bridge etc.
    SOLD - Roobarb – When the day wouldn’t keep still – When it was Christmas 200’ Col Sound B+ £25 OB Nice print of this Dune Films release of 2 of the Bob Godfrey animated films from 1974 narrated by Richard Briers, Roobarb has many harebrained schemes & inventions which normally ends up getting his friend Custard the Cat into trouble, charming!
    SOLD - The Night Before Christmas 200’ Col Sound B+/B £20 This is a late re-print from Portland Films of this classic 1941 Tom & Jerry cartoon, Tom makes the mistake of waking Tom on Christmas Eve, when all hell is let loose, Jerry uses some of the toys as weapons!
    SOLD - Zeppelin 200’ Col Sound B+ £25 Fine Derann print of this promo for the 1971 film starring Michael York & Elke Sommer, this also shows the history of the lighter than air Airships
    Jaws 200’ Col Sound B/B+ £25 Lovely colour print of this fine mini digest of the Steven Spielberg classic shark movie, but it does have some problems, it’s got some marks, and a couple of intermittent green lines, but this is such a rare digest, you forget about the faults when you watch it (I even watched it all the way through!)
    SOLD - Pinocchio Trl. 50’ Col Sound £20 Here’s a nice trailer to the 1940 Disney animated classic about a boy puppet who wants to be a real boy, lovely trailer!
    Days of Thrills and Laughter – The Dashing American 200’ B/W Sound B+ £20 This fun extract features the dashing (as the title suggests!) Douglas Fairbanks and his silent films are looked at
    SOLD - Flip the Frog – The Cuckoo Murder Case 200’ B/W Sound B+ £20 Flip the Frog investigates the murder of a Cuckoo in an old Cuckoo Clock in a creepy mansion, made in 1930 by Ub Iwerks
    Herbie Rides Again Trl. 50’ B/W Sound B+ £14 Unusual B/W (of a colour film) trailer to this 1974 Disney sequel about the little VW Beetle with a mind of its own, I wonder where this came from!
    King Creole Trl. 50’ B/W Sound B+ £17 Fine trailer to one of Elvis Presley’s best movies, he actually shows some acting skills in this 1958 movie, some songs are featured as well
    The Three Musketeers – The Haunted House 200’ Col Sound B+ £20 OB Pretty good Walton print of this 1968 Hanna – Barbera cartoon based around the famous story & characters
    Popeye – Putting on the Act200’ B/W Sound STD. 8 B+ £20 Rare on any gauge Popeye Fleischer cartoon from 1940, Popeye reads the headline that Vaudeville is coming back, so he persuades Olive Oyl to rehearse there old act, there’s impersonations of Jimmy Durante, Harpo Marx along the way!
    Double Cross at Criss Cross 200’ B/W Sound STD.8 B+/B £15 OB Abbott and Costello Castle Films extract from the comedy western feature ‘The Wistful Widow of Wagon Gap’
    Melody on the Move 200’ B/W Sound B+ £20 OB Laurel & Hardy have been told to move a piano to a Summer House in a Swiss Mountain Hotel, Oh Dear! What are you asking, ‘Swiss Miss’ ext.

Monster from under the Sea 200’ Col Sound NEW £20 OB Fine extract from the Disney action fantasy ’20,000 Leagues Under the Sea’ starring Kirk Douglas & James Mason
    Motor Mouse and Autocat – Mini Messenger 200’ Col Sound B+ £17 OB Hanna – Barbera cartoon from 1969, Autocat doesn’t like the idea of Motor Mouse starting a messenger service
    They Died with their Boots On Trl. 50’ B/W Sound B/B+ £20 Very rare trailer to this 1941 Errol Flynn & Olivia de Havilland movie that tells the story of General George Custer
    The Aristocats meet Scat Cat 200’ Col Sound B+ £20 OB Good print of this fine Disney animated extract from the 1970 feature ‘The Aristocats’
    They Died with their Boots On 2x400’ B/W Sound B+/B £35 Well edited Derann Films double album of this 1941 Errol Flynn & Olivia de Havilland movie that tells the story of General George Custer from his academy days to his eventual death at the ‘Little Big Horn’ massacre
    This is British Movietone News 200’ (in a 400’ plastic album) B/W Sound B+ £25 OB This is the last ever addition from 1979, which looks back from the first ever sound edition in 1929 through the big stories of the intervening 50 years
    America (a.k.a. Love and Sacrafice) 6x400’ B/W Silent (runs at 18 f.p.s.) B+ £200 OB This is the 1924 D.W. Griffith silent classic, issued by Blackhawk Films in the U.S.A., this may be the only print here in the U,K,, which I was told was only run once from new. It runs for 2 hours 20 minutes (i.m.d.b. timing) and tells the epic story of a family caught up in the American Civil War, it stars Neil Hamilton, Carol Dempster & Erville Anderson. Here’s one for lovers of classic American silent features, it’s a very nice B/W print, considering the age of the movie, and I doubt you’ll ever see another print for sale here in the U.K.

There You Have It, a Quick Bonus List, if there is anything of interest to yourself please either –

Telephone 01255 764457
    Or
    Email indi8films@aol.com

Post and Packing will be added at point of sale

Just to add, the majority of the films are Super 8, however there are one or two STD.8 films which are clearly marked.

Comment

Blockade SOLD
      The Night Before Christmas SOLD
      The Hindenburg SOLD
      Last edited by Barry Attwood; October 17, 2020, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Hoppity Goes to Town SOLD
        The African Queen SOLD
        Zeppelin SOLD
        Pinocchio Trl. SOLD
        Roobarb SOLD
        Last edited by Barry Attwood; October 17, 2020, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Hi Barry,
          I am interested in the African Queen. Could you pls let me know if the color is faded. Is the price included shipping to London, if not, how much the postage cost me to get it to London. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, I just noticed that it is sold.

Comment

Cops SOLD

Comment

Flip the Frog - The Cuckoo Murder Case SOLD

Comment

One day, you might have the RKO and other wants- Cheers, Shorty

Comment

Shorty,

I wish I could fulfill all my customers 'Wants', but being a dealer that sells exclusivly 'used' films I can only sell what I've got in stock at that particular time, and it's getting very hard to even find stock at a price I can make a small (and I mean 'small') amount on, ebay is the big factor, some recent prices on there have been ridiculous, so people are holding out for more money, even on the 'run of the mill' items, thus us dealers are suffering out, but I'll keep plugging on, I think this is my 27th year trading, so I must be doing something right!

Comment

Working...
                    X