Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE ON " JURASSIC PARK " AND " CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF " SUPER 8MM DIGESTS

HEY FELLOW FILM COLLECTORS -

PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT AS OF 1-1-2021 , THE PRICES WILL INCREASE FOR EACH OF THESE DIGESTS .

JURASSIC PARK :

ordering information :
    please be aware it may take,
    up to 12 weeks to have your copy in your hand , as
    each print is ordered from Germany “ on demand “ .
    this includes the time it takes for the finished prints to go to Italy for sound striping , then back to Germany to be shipped to America and when it reaches America it goes for sound recording then out to you , the buyer . This whole process can take from 8 to 12 weeks – and in some cases longer .

SOUND IS RECORDED IN USA AND UK FOR BOTH DIGESTS

Just be aware of this before you purchase a copy .

Cost per copy , as of 1-1-2021 : 295.00 USD

This includes all shipping and handling - VIA PRIORITY MAIL OR INTERNATIONAL PRIORITY MAIL

Method of payment accepted : Personal checks or postal money orders .

Send hard copy payments to :
    David Baker
    P.O. Box 772063
    Ocala , fl. 34477

Paypal payments send to : hammerhead7in@yahoo.com
    Total for Paypal orders is 306.00 USD ( USA AND CANADA )
    ( 343.00 UK AND EUROPE )
    MUTED ( NO SOUND ) COPIES : 276.00 ( USA AND CANADA )
    ( 315.00 UK AND EUROPE )

CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF :

COST PER COPY , AS OF 1-1-2021 : 148.00 USD

THIS INCLUDES ALL SHIPPING AND HANDLING - VIA PRIORITY MAIL OR INTERNATIONAL PRIORITY MAIL

METHOD OF PAYMENT ACCEPTED : PERSONAL CHECKS OR POSTAL MONEY ORDERS .

SEND HARD COPY PAYMENTS TO :

DAVID BAKER

P.O. BOX 772063

OCALA , FL. 34477

PAYPAL PAYMENTS SEND TO : HAMMERHEAD7IN@YAHOO.COM

TOTAL FOR PAYPAL ORDER IS 154.00 (USA & CANADA ONLY)
    193.00 ( U.K. AND EUROPE )
    MUTED ( NO SOUND ) COPIES : 144.00 ( USA AND CANADA )
    ( 183.00 UK AND EUROPE )

QUESTIONS OR INQUIRIES : MONSTERMAN1954@AOL.COM

EVRYONE PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

THE REEL IMAGE IS PROMOTING THESE DIGESTS TO BUY DIRECT FROM ME AT THIS TIME
    Last edited by David Baker; December 17, 2020, 03:09 PM.

In other words get your orders in now friends.
    Must have said it 50 times but JP is so well edited.

Comment

I'm just curious, if you could make a deal to do recording of these digests I'm the U.S., (for instance, Lance Alspaugh, and there really are very few who do better) you could see some of that cost be alleviated, as it would go from Germany straight to the U.S. without extra stops overseas. I don't know if it would work, it's just advice. Note, this would be for U.S
      buyers, of course.

Comment

The sound is recorded in the USA and the UK by 2 of THE BEST in the business already .
        Please refer to the update above for accurate new info .
        Thanks .

Comment

Hey Dave- nice to see you here. For a Super 8 relative newbie like myself, can you tell me the length of the JP digest? And I assume it is a scope print.

Comment

Jack,

Take a look at this review of the JP digest.

Comment

Jack - that's a surprising assumption, as it wasn't a scope film!

Comment

So I made a wrong assumption. I figured it was. My apologies.

Comment

Jack
                  The running time is 28 minutes.

Maurice

Comment

I though it was 26 minutes. BTW, just curious, why would it need to be sent back to Germany after being sound striped, (by Alberto, no doubt), and only then be shipped off to America? I'm not trying to be a pain, just curious as, with the cost going up as of 2021, every cost saving measure would be good and, of course, probably mean more sales. Directly from Italy to America would make more sense.

Comment

Not scope it was flat print. The Derann feature release varied at some points with masking top and bottom but mainly academy. I presume the digest print will be the same.

Comment

Osi, Let me explain.

There is a reason the prints go back to Germany .
                        They are inspected by Andec for flaws, such as the stripe not sticking and other possible damage done by the equipment in Italy. If there are flaws, THE PRINTS MUST BE RETURNED to Italy for fixing.

Yes, costs are high. Everyone who buys something knows they have to pay postage and handling, which I have no control over. AND the EURO goes UP in value EVERY WEEK! Right now it is 1.22 per 1.00 USA.

FILM COLLECTING IS NOT A " CHEAP " HOBBY !

We need people to positively SUPPORT the hobby.
                        That's my story and I'm sticking to it .

Sincerely yours,
                        Dave

Last edited by David Baker; December 19, 2020, 06:10 PM.

Comment

You make some valid points there Dave. It has been explained quite clearly in this and the other postings on these digests that every step the digests take is needed and necessary. Maybe now the questions about the films will be ones that have not been answered already. If everyone who committed to buying in the first place would have bought the price of the digests would have been cheaper but that is not the case. For those of you who remember the price of buying new prints 40 years ago the current price is not that far off. I collect records too. I remember buying a double album new at around $12 back in the 80's. Now its about $30. It cost 3 times minimum wage then and it costs 3 times minimum wage now. It costs you the same.

Comment

I can chip in a little here.

I produced the documentary S8 film CINEMA OF OUR TIME which was available on S8 film. I had a great relationship with the Warner Cinema chain over here UK and when JP came out stood in a corridor of 6 Kintoton 35mm projectors watching the qualified projectionist loading the gate masks to suit the cinema screen. The 70mm was among the second 6 projectors 12 in all. He explained to me "we mask the projector frame to suit the screens" and JP was masked top and bottom in the cinema projector itself.

I'm in awe of the devotion of SO and Dave making these new prints happen and I know for a fact the NEGATIVE costs are astronomical. Anyone want to stamp up a grand for a reel? I say well done to your for your knowledge, conviction and financial input to our hobby which is huge. Having shipped back and forth film material the shipping alone can mount up and yes the German labs are professionals which is why we are seeing the quality after a decade.

Dave keep the bar high we do appreciate it and show Super 8 at its best!

Comment

Good luck David with trying to explain the obvious.............

Comment

Working...
                              X